Chasing Barra On The Daly

Joe Devereux

Hi this might be a long shot

Have any Northern Territory members fished the Daly recently heading up on the weekend, and staying at Woolianna. haven't fished it too much as, but wiht the rain we've had I hope they are on the chew and the Barra Nationals comp left a few behind. If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Southerners stay tuned for a update and pics

well this is embarrassing !!!! 

We woke for an early start to drive from Katherine to Daly river region around 3 hours checked in and then launched the boat and proceeded down stream. After I got the kids and wife going and removed several snags and retied leader. I finally got to have a flick with some soft plastics but with no luck the kids got a few rat Barra, nothing really worth taking a photo of. that took up most of the morning and afternoon. That night I got talking to a couple of guys from victoria and they told me a few spots that they did ok at. The next morning we packed the boat up and off we went. we were trolling along the edge of some snags when we were nearly run over by some inbicile doing light speed traveling in the same direction as us he turned pretty sharp about 10m away from us scared the S#!t out me and my family. So we wound up our lines and found some creeks to have a few flicks in however only got rats. While flicking soft plastics in one creek we had a list from a couple of snakes they didn't come aboard it would have made things interesting if they did, we did share the river with a few crocs properly saw around 50. towards the end of the day my daughter dropped a 85cm+ barra at a snag she was already had the odds against her she was flicking lures with a broken arm and could not fight fish very well to start with. Over the whole weekend I got zero fish but enjoyed watching my family catch the small stuff they had a ball I guess thats why we endure the knot tying and removing snags etc, I did learn to tie my knots pretty quickly and I got pretty good at getting the odd lure back.

More pics soon my battery died on my camera and won't recharge

IMG_5270.thumb.JPG.757965b04db748238e5ce647890eec06.JPG

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_5266.JPG

IMG_5296.JPG

IMG_5311.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

Having just finished raising two boys I can sure understand and empathise with you. It took me a while to realise when they were along with me it was about them and catching a fish for myself was a bonus.

Shame you got none, but looks like a top spot for it.

Thanks for reporting. :)

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

Having just finished raising two boys I can sure understand and empathise with you. It took me a while to realise when they were along with me it was about them and catching a fish for myself was a bonus.

Shame you got none, but looks like a top spot for it.

Thanks for reporting. :)

You never finish raising them.

Archived