Wanted - Loan Kayak

benno573

Hi all,

might be a long shot but thought I'd throw it out there. I'm heading over to moreton next week and was wondering if anyone had a kayak sitting around collecting dust that I may be able to borrow for a week. Happy to work with the beer economy or similar as recompense. Only requirement would be that it floats, can hold a larger adult and preferably has a rod holder. Can pick up anywhere in the Brisbane area.

thanks in advance.

cheers

benno

If you can't/don't end up picking Waynes up, I've got a Prowler 13 you can borrow. Has swivel rod holder and a sounder. Did someone mention bourbon ....... :devil: (Oh and make sure Wayne doesn't realise he'd be helping the 'enemy' out for State of Origin ........ ;)).

4 hours ago, Fishaman said:

If you are going off shore please grab a PFD too mate. Plenty of stories of kayak tragedies. 

Hey mate

always have my inflatable one on when in the big water. The spots I go aren't a long way out from the beach either which is a bonus but stuff happens. Last trip out there in sept last year I spent over an hour chasing around what ended up being a 8kg mac tuna, by the time I landed it I wasn't in Kansas anymore, about 2.5km from where I started and at least 1.5km from the island. Some guys in a 6.5m platey asked if I was ok on their way past which was nice, managed to make it home without incident.

re @Sparksie point, the fact that three members were happy to offer up their craft no questions asked with no real notice is just awesome and is what I believe this site is about. I asked the question a bit reluctantly as I generally hate borrowing stuff off other people and was not expecting anything like the response I got. 

@Luvit

@rayke1938

@kmcrosby78

Very generous indeed gents and very greatly appreciated by this member as it opens up a whole other world of fishing possibilities for me for the next week.

thanks again

benno

Archived