State Of Origin 2017

Gad

Nice one Sef, enjoy! I've been to the game twice down there and haven't seen us win there yet, so will have to go for 3rd time lucky sometime. I was there the game before Alfies comeback (2001) with a painted face and XL XXXX beer carton hat - geez they loved me ....... :whistle:

I didnt witness any one standout brilliance, but combined,thurstons accurate boot, billies speed where needed.With our smaller wingers, centres and fullback they were throwing us around like rag dolls to start with. When Qld started going in hard with 2 or 3 to each tackle, our forwards started to get some forward momentum, which allowed the lighter backs to do their jobs.

I was disappointed it wasnt on fox,it was all NSW  on nine so biased.

Dino

Smithy started taking control of the game and running more from dummy half which gave us the impetus, along with a noticeable change of gear by Napa. And I LOVED IT when we received a penalty in the second half and the brains trust (JT, Cronk and Smith) held a quick meeting to work out the plan of attack - that gave me confidence we could pull it off, LEGENDS!!!

Oates for sure. I think we missed his carries in game two....Holmes not quite there.

I wouldn't like to see Ben Hunt named....he is just a Cronk lite. Would much rather the variation of Corey Norman. I suspect they will go with Munster though.

GAME 3

EDIT: Qld Team added

Hunt and Munster were named in the Maroons' 17-man squad on Monday, although coach Kevin Walters was yet to confirm his starting line-up to face New South Wales.

full ABC story  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-03/state-of-origin-queensland-announce-squad-to-face-blues/8673402

Looks like a Maroon`s series WINNING side to me :ausflag:

Maroons squad: Will Chambers, Gavin Cooper, Cooper Cronk, Dane Gagai, Matt Gillett, Tim Glasby, Coen Hess, Valentine Holmes, Ben Hunt, Josh McGuire, Michael Morgan, Cameron Munster, Dylan Napa, Josh Papalii, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith (c), Jarrod Wallace

New South Wales has named an unchanged squad for next Wednesday's  State of Origin decider in Brisbane, but injury with (minor) injury concerns over skipper Boyd Cordner calf muscle will be given until later in the week to prove his fitness, Frizell back and ribs will undergo scans on Monday to determine the full extent of his injury, Tedesco ankle, and Dugan's corked thigh injuries are considered to be minor.

Jack de Belin has been named as 18th man for cover. It is also understood de Belin would need to recover from a calf injury

full ABC story: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-03/new-south-wales-blues-name-squad-state-of-origin-iii/8672422

Wailer`s squad: James Tedesco, Brett Morris, Josh Dugan, Jarryd Hayne, Blake Ferguson, James Maloney, Mitchell Pearce, Aaron Woods, Nathan Peats, Andrew Fifita, Boyd Cordner (c), Josh Jackson Tyson Frizell.

Interchange: David Klemmer, Wade Graham, Jake Trbojevic, Jack Bird.

big fellows only gain big metres if the opposition do not take their legs out early, Qld figured that out after game 1 and cut down NSW forward metre gains in game 2. Fifita became very frustrated in his time on field when his upper body strength advantage was negated :)

• 2 weeks later...

I`m starting to come down with an very warm Maroons feeling, hoping it turns into an extremely hot temperature in a couple of hours time. :lol:  Suncorp Stadium 'the Cauldron' completely sold out including the extra standing room only they added for this game :)

Go the Maroons

Listening to a footy show last weekend, Gus ‘the goose’ Gould, Joey’the druggie’ Johns and Brad ‘FIGJAM’ Fittler were caught up in their individual self annoited brillance, waxxing on how NSW is going into game 3 on the cusp of the beginning a new NSW SOO dynasty that stretches as far as one can see into the future.

The last time this intellectual collective waxed on about a ‘future’ NSW dynasty fantasy was after SOO 2014, and that did not work out well for them :P, neither will game 3 tonight I feel :)

It was a gutsy effort alright, even the blues stopped playing to watch.

Ref tried to help them out a couple of times

Got a bit dirty in second half when fafeeta came back on, at one stage I counted 6 penalties in a row QLD could of been awarded.

If NSW forgot about the heavy stuff they might win more games.I think Munster has earned himself a future spot.

Was great to watch

And munster was happy for the 2 points too. 

Cam Smith played as Cam Smith should. He had them baffeled. What a champion. The look on Arron woods face was awesome. 

Whats that now? 3 in a row again. Im loosing count. :D

Farewell JT but i think your jerseys in good hands. Just teach him how to convert now and youve been cloned. 

Archived