Wanderers 1770 - September

demarc

Hey Folks!

I have just booked a house for 1770 from the 1st - 16th of September. The point of this thread is; I booked an extra week to give some people a chance to visit and I'm posting so early so holidays and such can be organised. The house is in an awesome location with a short tumble and roll from the pub and various backpacker establishments...

1st - 9th

I can accommodate 4 - 7 people, and 3x 6m+ boats. Accommodation is not expensive and you'll be looking at roughly 85p/n if there is 6 blokes. I'm also open for people doing a few day stays at a time or the whole two weeks!

10th - 16th

I can accommodate 4 people and 2x 6m+ boats.

I will have some deckie spots going for the first week, so even if you're boat-less sing out. Also to note, you don't need a big boat at ALL to enjoyably fish 1770. There is lots of awesome ground out front of the bar and in the local creeks like Middle and Pancake.

All my fishing will be at the outter reefs and on these trips I generally stick to only 2 days, however if the weather is awesome for a 4-day forecast, I might make the run to Sawins...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading up past King Cascade falls, Prince Regent River.

Last trip my PB  Barra was 94cm, I hope to joint the meter plus club this trip.

Unfortunately the cost would be prohibitive to tow the boat over there.Costs $300 just to tow the boat to 1770 and Fiberglass boat and Kimberly rock don't go well together. Some the areas we went to are uncharted and rock islands rise out of no where. Best trip I have ever done.

Better stop, feel like we've high jacked the thread, sorry Julian.

Swains will be unbelievable if weather allows.

Will see how I go for money.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Luvit said:

Yes, but not in middle of Fitzroy reef or others. 

I have had the whales come up to the reef fringes I was anchored in at Musgrave one night. So close I was on the bow ready to cut my anchor rope. In my 4 years fishing up there, this has been my only night time encounter with the pests.

23 hours ago, straddiebrad said:

i think marks mate terry is coming up to for the first weekend ,iam coming for sure now .brad

Great news Brad. You booked the unit now? Saw your wife this AM but forgot to ask if it was booked yet. Shapping up to have a few of us ferets there. Will be great.

This will be my last year. We're going to tackle Stanage for 2 weeks next year, Swains is my goal.

1 minute ago, demarc said:

Great news Brad. You booked the unit now? Saw your wife this AM but forgot to ask if it was booked yet. Shapping up to have a few of us ferets there. Will be great.

This will be my last year. We're going to tackle Stanage for 2 weeks next year, Swains is my goal.

mate will be booking this weekend send through the address where your staying so i can try and get somthing close/

Archived