Wanderers 1770 - September

demarc

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Luvit said:

I'm also preparing Brad. Today I bought a Monster Mesh jig rod rated 60-80lb. This will be my Red Emperor rod, I matched it with a Tilca 12 I already had. Funnily enough it does not feel like its rating it feels lighter to me. 

That will be the perfect combo for stopping big reds. 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Planning to leave Brisbane early on Saturday now. Hope that still suits? I can come friday if i leave at 3pm ish but traffic....

I have spare seats if anyone is needing a lift

That's fine so far pending weather. No dramas leaving after the traffic Friday if weather good Saturday as long as you don't mind the night drive. But so far saturday doesnt look fishy.

15 hours ago, demarc said:

That's fine so far pending weather. No dramas leaving after the traffic Friday if weather good Saturday as long as you don't mind the night drive. But so far saturday doesnt look fishy.

What time would you head out on Saturday? 

How long does it take to drive from Brisbane?

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

What time would you head out on Saturday? 

How long does it take to drive from Brisbane?

6 hour drive from brisbane and sunday is looking like the 1st good day for it up there lets everyone gets settled in then head out early sunday

Hey team,

Just so I can show the crew what forecast (weather site or whatever) are you using to show that Thursday Friday are shite.

I am not against bashing out in weather but am against towing a boat as big as Andrew's up to find it is not worth it.

A couple of other guys are saying Seabreeze says it looks OK so I don't want to be the kill joy without something to back it up!

Cheers.

Angus

Wed and Thurs off Heron Island is ok at this stage.

There is a bit of wind forecast for Thursday after lunch but it is fishable still.

Friday is getting up there with 17 knots ESE average for the day, again it is doable buy very uncomfortable and a horrible long trip home.

I find the best forecast is the Bom Meteye as you can click the interactive map of where you want to fish and get the forecast for that location.

Heron Island is on the map so you can get a forecast for that spot where you will be fishing and anchoring for the nights.

Seabreeze is a land forecast so that is why it is often different to an ocean forecast.

1 hour ago, demarc said:

Where are you seeing that Brad? Sunday/Monday look the pick so far

Saturday and Sunday look better now BOM has it in there written forecast and using the meteye it shows it to Monday has it at 10 to 15 nne where Saturday and sunday it is 5 to 10 knots easterly turning north east by sunday

On 8/31/2017 at 4:45 AM, demarc said:

Saturday is definately looking better now. did not look that way on way home last night, still had some 15 - 20 in it.

I can get there late tonight if needed? Just let me know. give me a call if you like. Im in a few meetings until 3pm. but if you leave a message I will get back to you.

Archived