Stradic Fk

It's a good price for the FK.

I have FK and good and light reels, one thing I don't like is the bail roller bearing can not be accessed with a philips head screw driver. This is the bearing I have most problems with on my reels because I use braid and it seems to carry the water onto the reel. Have to use a star type key to access, can't think of it at the name at the moment.

I quite like the Daiwa Sol 2, but there a bit more coin at $300.

1 hour ago, Tybo said:

I have 5000FK, absolutely love it! I paid close to $300 for it when they first came out, and am still impressed. It's a big jump in dollars to anything better as far as I'm concerned.

What about a saragosa? Few dollars less and i have seen some serious hurt put on them reels.  I have the 3000 stradic ci4+ and its never let me down but im only running 10lb on it 

16 hours ago, josha293 said:

What about a saragosa? Few dollars less and i have seen some serious hurt put on them reels.  I have the 3000 stradic ci4+ and its never let me down but im only running 10lb on it 

Saragossa are supposed to be a step above, but were around $100 more when I was buying. From what I remember though, the technology was a bit less compared to more modern reels. I'm sure they're awesome though, Hervey Bay Sport fishing use Saragossas as their reels and catch LTs and goldens day in day out, so that's evidence enough.

I ran 30 and 50lb on 5000FK in PNG, with the drag running at 80% most of the time. Stopped everything I hooked, only worry was line capacity on heavy weights like that, any pelagic could've spooled me easily.

Yes I agree with you Ty. The Stradic is a better balanced/refined than the Saragossa. The Saragossa is a favorite amongst rock fisho's and they are hard on their gear.

What I found is when going into a shop to buy a reel the sales people say look how smooth and balanced these reels are and you spin the handle and see how long they spin for. This is great and I appreciate the balance and if doing hundreds of casts for the day I enjoy using light smooth reels. However for the most part in practice when hooked up you can only get a couple of winds of the handle anyway and the balance thing is not noticeable at all. All I'm concentrating on is fighting the fish and not whether the reel is slightly nicer to turn than another. 

I have 1 x Stradic FK, 3 x Saragossa's and one Stella. If fishing for LT tuna I like the Stella becuase of the all the casting, if micro jigging I like the Stradic FK because of the lightness and if bait fishing, jigging, popping I like the Saragossa for it power, drag and robustness. 

The Stradic FK is a great reel but the line capacity can be a bit short as you said depending on what you intend to use it for. The draw card for me to the Saragossa is the waterproofness, carbon drag is very smooth even at 10kg pressure and line capacity.

I don't think @Luke Landrunner will be disappointed with either of the reels. Based on most of the type of fishing @Luke Landrunner does I would got he Stradic, but if you running offshore the Saragossa for the line capacity and other features mentioned.

Archived