Winter Camp Social 23rd To 25th June

tugger

Going to start planning a camping social up at Wivenhoe dam on the 23rd to 25th of june at captain logan camp grounds we will be doing our usual saturday night cook up over the hot coals using camp ovens and rotiseries all are welcome to join us. Boats with 4 stroke motors and electrics and modern 2 stroke motors are allowed on this dam fishing for bass and yellabelly would be the most common fish caught and these fish should be schooling up for us around then.

I have learned they have updated the ramps and toilet and shower facilities up there recently,  come along and enjoy siting around the camp fire at night kicking back with a few brews and chewing the fat with plenty of fishos from here. 

I will be taking a rotiserie for cooking the chooks over the coals and will have 2 camp ovens for the rolled roasts and roast veges. I will also bake a butterscotch pudding for desert. There is 8 coming so far from my mates and a couple more maybes this should be a top weekend if your keen to come along. I will also take up a tarp and tables for the common day camp.

I have to head overseas on Sunday and the return date has not been confirmed yet. See how I go. 

Winter camp was the first social event I attended with AFO 5 years ago and was where I met the friendly crew. Get there if you can newbies. 

Restricted power boating at Lake Wivenhoe

Restricted power boating has been permitted on Lake Wivenhoe since December 2013, as a result of our recreation review.

• Vessels must be low-emission outboards/engines. This limits motors to four strokes or direct fuel-injected two strokes.
  • Vessels are not to exceed 6 knots. If your vessel is on the plane, you’re going too fast!

For more information, read the FAQ for power boats on Lake Wivenhoe.

Only etec and similar2 strokes allowed if it has a carby no..

You are also supposed to have a boating permit until 1/8/17 .

Cheers

Ray

14 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

@christophagus - wondering if it would be worth putting Origin 2 back a week so it coincides with this. With Ray and Dino out of action it might add some good spice to the second game and might encourage more to attend this. Just a thought.

@tugger  I'm unlikely to make it sorry mate.

agreed, good idea mate

3 hours ago, demarc said:

Seen the weather Saturday for offshore, Tugger? I haven't been in the brine for over a month...

Yeah but I am going to catch up with some crew I haven't seen in months and even years I can always wet a line offshore another time

15 hours ago, tugger said:

Yeah but I am going to catch up with some crew I haven't seen in months and even years I can always wet a line offshore another time

Tugger, you make a good point. I haven't caught up with the blokes going since I blew the head on my Patrol. I'll call you later.

5 hours ago, demarc said:

Sorry Tugger, I have to pull out. I have had two sleepless nights due to on-call at work, so I need to be near a solid internet connection and sober Fri/Sat night. Grrr Say hi to all the ferets for me.

no worries I will get extra drunk for the both of us

Archived