Desiccant

Tybo

On my last tacklebox cleanup, I swear I threw out more hooks than I've ever lost. Since then I've been trying to eliminate the amount of moisture that gets into my tackle trays and boxes.

We get heaps of these in packaging at work, of which we generally just throw them out.

IMG20170620130908.thumb.jpg.576ad74a0281c91e5622c0d627b934d1.jpg

I know these come with new shoes, and other dry packaged goods. So I've started keeping them and putting a couple in each of my trays. Only time will tell to see if they work.

Just a tip I thought I'd share.

I had that thought (well, actually someone else had it and I read it .....) a few years ago and I started saving them (they're probably still in a jar somewhere around the house .....). So I guess I should probably take the next step and clean my tacklebox out and put them in ....... :whistle:  Let us know how it goes Ty.

I learnt quickly years a go when I was an avid flattie fisherperson, not to put even a single hook back in your tackle box as it will turn the rest rusty. So from then on if I go near the salt I take a spare small bucket and toss my used hooks or lures into it and give them a good soak in fresh water when I get home.

Dino

Archived