Quick Fish At Harrys

chriskeenfiso

Hello fellow fishers,

Finally got the chance to go for a quick fish over the weekend with the misses. Nothing really exciting but managed alot of small squire, a tuskfish and some sort of ray.

Still having trouble finding anything worth keeping out in the bay.

Loved being out on the water thou and defently looking to get more active. In saying that if anyone is keen for a fish wednesday day/ afternoon or anytime thursday im not working and more then keen.( if the weathers looking good).Happy to be a decky and share costs or for someone to come out on my boat. 

Regards 

Chris

20170624_143643.jpg

20170624_143603.jpg

FB_IMG_1492252215501.jpg

Mate, I don't mean to teach you how to suck eggs, but if my experience with other "experienced" fisho mates is anything to go by.

1. Freshest bait you can get your hands on and use the lightest  sinker and line possible

2. If using soft plastics, lightest jig head and make sure you rig the plastic "perfect". Any deviation from the centreline of the hook will make it swim like a drunk chook

3. Get to the spot before sunrise

4. Do a  set drift a few times and if nothing "move". Don't sit around waiting for something to happen. 

My $0.02

Norm

3 hours ago, Nog said:

Mate, I don't mean to teach you how to suck eggs, but if my experience with other "experienced" fisho mates is anything to go by.

1. Freshest bait you can get your hands on and use the lightest  sinker and line possible

2. If using soft plastics, lightest jig head and make sure you rig the plastic "perfect". Any deviation from the centreline of the hook will make it swim like a drunk chook

3. Get to the spot before sunrise

4. Do a  set drift a few times and if nothing "move". Don't sit around waiting for something to happen. 

My $0.02

Norm

x2 on the bait...even go one better and use live bait. there are always bait fish around where you launch a boat from (ramps)

get a bucket of live herring and go for gold.

2 hours ago, chriskeenfiso said:

Haha i always wondered what they would taste like, always used for fishing and Crab pots.

Might have to keep a few next time.

I'd be careful rushing in mate, @Drop Bear is also renowned for pouring mead onto his Weetbix instead of milk ....... (just kidding Rob - how do you cook them out of interest?).

On 7/4/2017 at 8:33 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

how do you cook them out of interest

Haha yes i do like a bit of Mead.

Pike are really easy to fillet and debone. Its preaty simple. Just light flower and fry in really hot oil untill they are quite crispy. Because they are a moist and soft meat, a bit like bream, I like to give them some texture by frying them longer than I would something like tuskfish, snapper or estury cod. They are skinny fillets so it doesn't take long in hot oil (i like peanut oil) for the skin and the flour to crips up. Squeese of lemon and some salt and they are really yummy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived