Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
straddiebrad

Electric Reels

15 posts in this topic

would like to get 2 electric reels for the 1770 trip coming up ,whats your thoughts  on witch ones to buy have been looking at the wft one they have fro sale at dinga fishing they look good and good price,thanks,brad

we use Ryobi dendau 100/101..and find them very good..we fish browns mtn off Sydney 400/500 mtrs and the shelf canyons off Swansea 300/450 mtrs...the ryobis hold 900 mtrs 80lb braid in thin quality  stuff...ebay worldwide and you can pik them up for less than $350.00...rick

straddiebrad and demarc like this

4 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

we use Ryobi dendau 100/101..and find them very good..we fish browns mtn off Sydney 400/500 mtrs and the shelf canyons off Swansea 300/450 mtrs...the ryobis hold 900 mtrs 80lb braid in thin quality  stuff...ebay worldwide and you can pik them up for less than $350.00...rick

That's a great price mate. How do they hold up against Bar Cod or Blue Eyes?

5 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

thanks thats great price will look into them

59 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Hve got blueeye to 18kg

2014-04-22 08.05.02.jpg

nice cant find any on the net but iam not that savy with computers look at ebay too

there are heaps on fleabay now..Ryobi electric reels..then hit worldwide down left side..some ad dendau 101 reels from $260 /$380 delivered..rick

straddiebrad likes this

Brad I think those ones are pretty old school and quite bulky reels.

If they are what I am thinking of, you are better off with a WFT or something that is more comfortable to use when hanging onto the rod.

straddiebrad likes this

not many reels have the line capacity of these when using 80lb in deep water ..we have 5 between my mates and I and have had no probs with them..we took guys to browns with daiwas and others and they couldn't hit bottom in 500mtrs with the angle of drifting...these size reels on bent butts are left in the rod holder..in 480mtrs takes twenty mins to hit the surface...rick

straddiebrad likes this

The specs on the WFT 1200 says it holds more line, faster retrieve speed and has a heavier drag than those old Ryobi's.

No doubt they would be a good reel but not practicable when wanting to use them while hanging onto a rod like you can with the newer style of reels.

I don't think I'd like to be chasing down parts for them either.

straddiebrad likes this

6 hours ago, aussie123 said:

The specs on the WFT 1200 says it holds more line, faster retrieve speed and has a heavier drag than those old Ryobi's.

No doubt they would be a good reel but not practicable when wanting to use them while hanging onto a rod like you can with the newer style of reels.

I don't think I'd like to be chasing down parts for them either.

i look around and can get the 1200 for 600 dollars and the 700 for 400 dollars

48 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

You won't get any cheaper than that Brad.

Stick with the 1200 if you want to go out deep chasing some ooglies.

was thinking of just buying the 700 the 1200 seem too big for what i want to use it for  dont plan on going any where over 150 meters