Electric Reels

4 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

we use Ryobi dendau 100/101..and find them very good..we fish browns mtn off Sydney 400/500 mtrs and the shelf canyons off Swansea 300/450 mtrs...the ryobis hold 900 mtrs 80lb braid in thin quality  stuff...ebay worldwide and you can pik them up for less than $350.00...rick

That's a great price mate. How do they hold up against Bar Cod or Blue Eyes?

5 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

we use Ryobi dendau 100/101..and find them very good..we fish browns mtn off Sydney 400/500 mtrs and the shelf canyons off Swansea 300/450 mtrs...the ryobis hold 900 mtrs 80lb braid in thin quality  stuff...ebay worldwide and you can pik them up for less than $350.00...rick

thanks thats great price will look into them

not many reels have the line capacity of these when using 80lb in deep water ..we have 5 between my mates and I and have had no probs with them..we took guys to browns with daiwas and others and they couldn't hit bottom in 500mtrs with the angle of drifting...these size reels on bent butts are left in the rod holder..in 480mtrs takes twenty mins to hit the surface...rick

The specs on the WFT 1200 says it holds more line, faster retrieve speed and has a heavier drag than those old Ryobi's.

No doubt they would be a good reel but not practicable when wanting to use them while hanging onto a rod like you can with the newer style of reels.

I don't think I'd like to be chasing down parts for them either.

6 hours ago, aussie123 said:

The specs on the WFT 1200 says it holds more line, faster retrieve speed and has a heavier drag than those old Ryobi's.

No doubt they would be a good reel but not practicable when wanting to use them while hanging onto a rod like you can with the newer style of reels.

I don't think I'd like to be chasing down parts for them either.

i look around and can get the 1200 for 600 dollars and the 700 for 400 dollars

Archived