Crawdad @ the Stanley

STU

Got to the stanley with plasticman this morning early with high expectations of catching plenty of yellas from the crawdad,thought we would catch more than off the bank:),But we started off with andrew only getting a couple of taps straight away then he was onto a nice yella which took him into the snags and rub the spinnerbait off:ohmy::angry:,So we thought this was going to be an eventfull morning but after a few thousand casts each I landed a yella of 49cm had nice colours on it,then not to long after andrew scored one a little bit smaller then once again plenty more casts till andrew landed another and thats all we could raise for the rest of the morning tried a bit of trolling but no luck had the sounder with me average depth was around 15ft some places 22ft deeper than I thought:blink:in this narrow river saw a couple of big monitors on a tree:huh:,but no snakes this time:unsure: still was a good morning exploring the river down further than we have gone before and there is so many snags everywhere could not beleive we could not catch any more,I also spotted with my hawk eyes a a lure stuck in a snag rmg scorpian not a bad find and I also got back a spinnerbait I left in a tree last time:lol:. [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/001_AFO-995dd5f31f31774072a8afec479e5626.jpg

post-1103-144598431723_thumb.jpg

ellicat wrote:

Good report guys.

I'm suspecting the main reason you used the crawdad had a lot to do with avoiding the snakes this time lol.

The river looks so good and so fishy.

Do you like the purple most when chasing yellas and cod ?

i love purple lures for all freshwater fish always worked for me ever since a started bass fishing

Tim a wrote:

Nice Yellows, seems to be quite a few in that river.

Its stocked Tim. Yellows move upstream from Somerset (Actually when there is more water in the dam, that bit is dam)

Were you up their with Aaron and Jimmybob? They did quite well apparently. But I'll let Aaron tell that story.

Feral wrote:

Tim a wrote:
Nice Yellows, seems to be quite a few in that river.

Its stocked Tim. Yellows move upstream from Somerset (Actually when there is more water in the dam, that bit is dam)

Were you up their with Aaron and Jimmybob? They did quite well apparently. But I'll let Aaron tell that story.

Thats interesting Feral thanks.

Never stop learning on AFO thats for sure.

dhess wrote:

Nice report and nice fish. How long does it take to drive out that way?

Dhess: Mate its just near Somerset Dam. So depends where you are. I think you live pretty close to me (Newstead?), so it would take less than an hour.

You can go towards ipswich and then turn off toward esk. Or go north and go through woodford.

Angus

Archived