Brisbane River Jewies

Richy

Hey guys just been reading through the reports of brissy Jews. Having never caught one just after some info on where/how? I will be landbased and using plastics, not after monsters just want to tick it off the list, and will be using fairly light gear. If anyone has any secret spots if they could pm me if they don't wish to share on the thread. I will not reveal the spot. ( don't really know anyone from brissy that fishes anyway) 

cheers

45 minutes ago, Richy said:

Hey guys just been reading through the reports of brissy Jews. Having never caught one just after some info on where/how? I will be landbased and using plastics, not after monsters just want to tick it off the list, and will be using fairly light gear. If anyone has any secret spots if they could pm me if they don't wish to share on the thread. I will not reveal the spot. ( don't really know anyone from brissy that fishes anyway) 

cheers

Land based is tough as most are caught on the deep drop offs around the port.

I have caught 2 land based jew in the river though, one of hadbody and one of plastic.

Hardbody jewy: The rocks under the Green bridge leading over to UQ from Dutton Park.

Soft Plastic jewy: Under the bridge at boggy creek on a run in tide.

Watching the clips the boys form Bait Tackle Store put up yesterday while I was in the store and man the IMA Koume is a vibe that seems to be slaying. Once again though this is the typical deep water tactic of drifting the drop offs and lifting and dropping the vibe.

Angus

2 minutes ago, Richy said:

I have read that flicking soft plastics around rock walls can produce smaller jewies. A lot of articles say brekky creek is a good spot, I haven't been but imagine it could get pretty busy

I have seen reports of good numbers caught at breakky but have not done it. There are lights there. I would say if the prawns are running it could be a goer. I have heard of them smashing prawns under the Captain Cook bridge in the light pools as well.

Angus

Archived