Good Samaritan.

natang

Well I picked the boat up after installing a faulty replacement trim solenoid and headed straight to the Mourilyan harbour for a couple of hours after work drifting for anything. Boat started first hit all electronics working great radio and sounder but no UHF. Figured all good won't be going far. So went along a route with sounder picked up some good readings then went back to drift across it. After a few hits went to go back again but no power to motor. I checked terminals and everything electronic was working but no power to motor. Was nearing 5pm by this time and and I had 2kms to row a 4.7 half cabin glass boat against the tide. Thankfully two old guys in a home made timber looking punt with a 2hp honda towed me back to ramp. I thanked them with a case of Great Northern that was in the car. 

It was a wire up under gun rail that had broken in 3 places. AAARRGGHHH

All fixed heading out tomorrow now. 

Hey Drop Bear went out in the Mourilyan harbour Saturday for the run out tide fished from 8am-130ish for a donut but I had one massive hit which peeled 250m of brand new 15lb braid from me and I couldn't stop it, then SNAP followed by expletives. Went again yesterday with a guy who I met at the club Saturday night who is up in Innisfail putting solar panels on and is from Burpengary so we went out to the wreck about 1km offshore as it was nice weather then turned into a bit of a laundry tub so we went back in after he dropped a fish. Back in to harbour and we anchored over the middle of two ledges that run from 8-10m - 20m. He gets a massive hook up and snapped off then 2 mins later my braided rod goes off again and took another 50m of braid then turned him and he flew back towards the boat around the back then under it and wrapped me around prop F**k s**t was yelled and snapped me off. Literally sat down had a bit of water and then the overhead started screaming and 15mins later up came a solid 55cm Golden Trevally. Such a beautiful fish! A few small Barracuda's then headed in and to the club for a few beers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived