Advice Quintrex 7000 Yellowfin Hardtop

collvan

Hi

I am looking into purchasing a new boat and have been looking at the Quintrex 7000 Yellowfin Hardtop like the one pictured. Has anyone has any experiences with these boats or does anyone own one that can provide me with an opinion?

Thank you for your help.

makethumbnail.jpg

I don't like to comment on these things but as you have asked, so this is what I know of. They could have well changed the designs that caused problems.

My brother bought a new Yellowfin boat 5.7m back in 2012. the same boat now is measured LOA and is called the 6.4m. His was not a hardtop.

When he went for a test ride it had a 135 Etech on it and the boat handleds very well. He was assured that upgrading it to a 150HP 4 stroke would be no problems. Unfortunately the boat porpoised very badly even on dead flat days, to the point that it was very dangerous and it you came off a swell it would dig in and turn the boat shapely nearly throwing you out. They tried trim tabs etc but nothing fixed it. After many return trips to the dealer and contacting Quintrex/Telewater directly we finally put it down to the reverse chine down the side of the boat was 100mm to low. They said the later models designs were changed. However after dropping over 70k on a new boat and little assistance form Quintrex he ended up selling it. Unfortunately like a lot of mass produced boats the quality was not great where it was out of sight. A few of the things that he had problems with were rocket launchers cracking, seats cracking, live bait tank leaking from poor welds and badly designed scuppers allowing water to flood back in. Overall his experience was one he would rather forget and the lack of support form such a large manufacture means never to buy another. 

They may well have fixed all these problems in the latter models and of course he may have just got a lemon. The stuff that was repaired or replaced can be over come but the riding of the boat could not. Based on his experience, when you test it hopefully it will have the motor package intend on going forward with so there are no surprises.

Best thing is for you to have a very close look over any boat and decided on whether the quality is up to your expectation. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Im with luvit. If your gonna drop 100 large on a boat then you want something worth the 100. I am not a fan of mass production companies. They build to a profit margin. Ive seen and heard of some real ballsups coming out of the bigger manufacturers not to mention the shotty workmanship and also witnessed the repairs to the hull in a short time from the pounding they give. Then theres the fit out. Im a padantic bugger when it comes to fit out. Ive fitted out and wired up a **** load of boats and what these big manufacturers are pumping out is atrocious.

My advise, dont buy a boat because it "looks good". So many people get caught out by looks that they over look the important stuff like strength and construction and also fitout components. If your serious about your investment then take your time and study up. 

Whwre are you based?

I can recommend you a company to check out because I own one of their hard top boats and can honestly say its a tough built, stable get you anywhere anytime fishing boat. Let me know if your interested. 

Cheers and good luck. 

11 hours ago, Junky said:

Im with luvit. If your gonna drop 100 large on a boat then you want something worth the 100. I am not a fan of mass production companies. They build to a profit margin. Ive seen and heard of some real ballsups coming out of the bigger manufacturers not to mention the shotty workmanship and also witnessed the repairs to the hull in a short time from the pounding they give. Then theres the fit out. Im a padantic bugger when it comes to fit out. Ive fitted out and wired up a **** load of boats and what these big manufacturers are pumping out is atrocious.

My advise, dont buy a boat because it "looks good". So many people get caught out by looks that they over look the important stuff like strength and construction and also fitout components. If your serious about your investment then take your time and study up. 

Whwre are you based?

I can recommend you a company to check out because I own one of their hard top boats and can honestly say its a tough built, stable get you anywhere anytime fishing boat. Let me know if your interested. 

Cheers and good luck. 

Thank you for the advice. I live in North Lakes and would appreciate the company's name.

41 minutes ago, collvan said:

Thank you for the advice. I live in North Lakes and would appreciate the company's name.

Check out Sea Adex at capalaba.

Go in and have a look at the workmanship in their boats. I personally have an Armour 55 and I challenge anyone to find a stronger, better handling hull that is built to that standard. Worth the drive. 

8 minutes ago, tugger said:

No I don't have a yellowfin was just looking at them if I was thinking of upgrading

Always bear in mind what i wrote is only one persons experience. It was just for information to take on board and points to look out for before making a final decision.

Tax time = new boat time :)

I dont like writing this is better that is better as its only my opinion. What suits me may not suit you and we all have choices when it comes to dropping our money down. 

Just giving advise on what i look for as I look under the pretty paint and shinny stuff to see what the structual build is, along with handling characteristics and build components and my opinion is based on that. 

Cheers. 

They price to order because theyre custom built to what you want. Also the hull lengths are actual hull, not all the addons. My 55 is almost 6. 

Go in or message on facebook. speak to Adam. Hes more active in facebook than the websight.

https://m.facebook.com/Sea-Adex-Boats-Australia-525093384311989/

Very tough boats. No stitch welding in these puppies. I jump wakes in mine with ease, no banging, lands as smooth as silk. Good fun. Then theres 65kph donuts. The gforces are awesome. 

19 hours ago, Junky said:

They price to order because theyre custom built to what you want. Also the hull lengths are actual hull, not all the addons. My 55 is almost 6. 

Go in or message on facebook. speak to Adam. Hes more active in facebook than the websight.

https://m.facebook.com/Sea-Adex-Boats-Australia-525093384311989/

Very tough boats. No stitch welding in these puppies. I jump wakes in mine with ease, no banging, lands as smooth as silk. Good fun. Then theres 65kph donuts. The gforces are awesome. 

Thanks mate

Archived