tugger

south queensland Heaven Raining Coral Trout

Have bought a new rod and reel the same as Brock had up there as he out did both of us on the trout so i have a 5000 size sustain spooled with 30lb i am going to stop these trout on now. I think the lighter line was what the trout responded to so come September i will give it a go.

Considering you guys were up there around the full moon the second week up there in September will be a new moon. The tides should be running similar to when you were there.  Based on this, what weight jig heads was Brock using as a guide to stick up on?

What have you found the fishing like around a new moon in the past? 

Please login or register to see this quote.

2nd week will be the full moon again decreasing to the 3rd qaurter moon he used 2 ounce jig heads for best results got him down quick and kept close to bottom longer 

What size true turn?

Did you gang them with a swivel? 

Do cheap swivels ever break?

Do you fish plastics up there? I thought you hated them?

Sorry for all the questions? :)

I use 6/0 and 8/0 trueturns and I gang them with a good rolling swivel just make sure it is the correct size so it doesn't slip over the barb near the point of the hook. Cheap swivels will fail on big fish like red emperor, Brock was cleaning up on the trout on soft plastics I was using bait and caught a few trout but he outfished me 6 to 1. But I was targeting red emperor with very big baits and ask as many questions as you need Robbie it pays to be ready for a big trip like this.

did you catch many silver trevally? I was hoping to rig a paternoster with a running keeper hook above and good sized snapper weight and send some xos live baits down on the 80lb TLD. Is that being greedy?