2017 Seq Suburbs Of Origin Round 3 16th August - 27rd August

The Mad Hughesy

Yes im hopeless. Between starting a new job, buying a new boat and going on holidays, i haven't got around to creating the final round for this comp. so here it is!

From what i see, round 2 was a draw... So if the northsiders win round 3, a tie-breaker will be needed. This round will be open for a full week. Tomorrow the 16th of August til 7pm on the 27rd of August

Remember folks, this is a just for fun and bragging rights comp, no money, no physical prizes, just the glory of winning! The teams as it stands now are as follows...let me know if you are not on the list but want to fish

TEAM NORTHSIDE  @christophagus@Luvit@Tybo@timtam_@Doyley@Terrova@Dinodadog@Luke Landrunner@Binder@Fishaman

TEAM SOUTHSIDE @Angus@Do$tylz@Old Scaley@kmcrosby78@DropBear@Danny91@demarc@ellicat@benno573

To summarise the comp... 9 target species; Bream, Bass, Whiting, Flathead, Snapper, Golden Perch (yellowbelly), Tailor and Pelagic (Tuna, Mackerel). For a team to win the round, they must hold at least the biggest 5 out of the 9 species. To submit an entry, simply post a crystal clear photo of the fish you caught on a brag mat with the unique item (to be advised on Monday night) with the size of the fish clearly visible! Please note, legal fish only will be accepted! All submissions must be posted in this topic by 7pm on Sunday night Happy Fishing and tight lines. Unique item will be released on Monday night. SO watch this space!

UNIQUE ITEM : The number 3 (three fingers, number 3 etc

To brush up on the rules, please se the below topic link

BREAM - 

BASS - rayke1938 46cm - Team South

FLATHEAD - Fishaman 66cm Team North

WHITING -

SNAPPER -

GOLDEN PERCH - rayke1938 52cm - Team South

TAILOR -

JEW/THREADFIN SALMON -

PELAGIC (Tuna, Mackerel) -

Hey Southsiders, you thinking what I'm thinking ................ (Chris has been stalling until he bought his new boat ......... :whistle:).

Oh and Chris - just in case it comes to it, might pay to change the wording of 'For a team to win the round, they must hold at least the biggest 5 out of the 9 species' to just having to win more categories than the opposition (in case a few categories get no entries :)).

Hmmmmmm - going to have to sneak a fish in this weekend, yippee!!

On 8/16/2017 at 10:30 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Perhaps given the cr@ppy weekend forecast we should run the decider for 2 weeks? Might increase the chances of all of the categories being entered and build the suspense, trash talk, etc .......?

I second this. I can't fish this weekend anyway as I have my kids.

Caught anything yet @Drop Bear?   Anyone heading out tomorrow?  I'm taking one for the team and getting up at stupid o'clock and hitting the river - hoping for my first jewie in a bl00dy long time. Also hoping to anchor in an area I haven't before - as long as there's not a ship there it should be vacant at the time I'll be there.

9 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Caught anything yet @Drop Bear?   Anyone heading out tomorrow?  I'm taking one for the team and getting up at stupid o'clock and hitting the river - hoping for my first jewie in a bl00dy long time. Also hoping to anchor in an area I haven't before - as long as there's not a ship there it should be vacant at the time I'll be there.

I'm heading out now. Low tide at 8:30am. Try and get me a three fingered flatty!!

14 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Is that in the river?

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:20 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

I reckon you'll still find a way to catch a flathead or two ........ :whistle:

How right I was ......... it was number two that did the trick, trumping my 59cm.  On the plus side I'm joining the 'flathead for dinner crew' :)

FlatheadBoggy27Aug2017.jpg.c9eb88a8b24ce7f1e008733ca2d1d957.jpg

@Old Scaley - didn't see you, what time did you go out through the mouth? If you'd told me there was no point getting up at 2:15pm because the wharves area would be quiet (apart from useless fish that just mouth and scale 25cm mullet ....) and that the flathead wouldn't fire until 8am, I could have had more sleep ........ :whistle:

29 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

heading out again for a bit of a bash at the river land based. Gonna try and ping some baits at clara light on dusk. Do I have until midnight? looks like we are behind 2/0?

You've got to enter fish by 7pm Rob. A bream would be handy ..... :)  Good luck.

27 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

How right I was ......... it was number two that did the trick, trumping my 59cm.  On the plus side I'm joining the 'flathead for dinner crew' :)

FlatheadBoggy27Aug2017.jpg.c9eb88a8b24ce7f1e008733ca2d1d957.jpg

@Old Scaley - didn't see you, what time did you go out through the mouth? If you'd told me there was no point getting up at 2:15pm because the wharves area would be quiet (apart from useless fish that just mouth and scale 25cm mullet ....) and that the flathead wouldn't fire until 8am, I could have had more sleep ........ :whistle:

Nice Flattie @kmcrosby78. I left the port ramp at about 8.45 and checked out a few boats along the wharves but didn't see you Kelvin.  On the way back in at about 1pm there were a few big schools of Tailor working in the shipping channel east of the Poo Shute.  Threw a few different slices and plastics at them for no result. Actually didn't get a touch inside the river today.  Pretty good day on the water though.

Archived