Sun Glasses

Luvit

I have used Spotters sunglasses for many years. Recently I purchased the same model I normally buy online. 

Unfortunately when the new model has arrived it has changed and I don't like the new arms and change of the lense size etc. 

I have donated them to the boys and decided to buy a pair of Costa sunglasses that people were recommending. 

I bought the fantail model with green mirror finish with copper base high contrasting lenses. 

I was surprised by the comfort and the fit.  

Has any body got first hand experience with Costa's? 

I'll up date my experience after using them for a while. 

I have had  makos , Serengeti , and Maui jims over the years and recently I bought a pair of Spotters in the Jett version with gold reflective lenses and they are the most comfortable sunnies I have ever had but I will look at Costas next change . Mine are tax deductible so I change regularly and hand my old ones down through my family ,my son got my last spotters and can't believe how good they are but I found them a bit annoying weight wise on my face but my jets are excellent.. Matt

At the top end of the sunglass market all the brands are probably all very similar. 

Everyones face is different so it could just be personal preference based on the style that best fits their face. 

The Costa's claim to be 20% lighter because the lenses are thinner. They do feel lighter than the Spotters. In saying that the weight didn't worry me anyway. 

Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Alex2505 said:

Ive got 2 pairs of costa' s blue lens with grey tint 580g, green lens with amber tint 580g. Prefer the green tint spot a lot more fish with them both in the surf and offshore. Best glasses I've every had.

Well that's nice to hear @Alex2505 I looked on the Costa web site and you can click on each lens to see the effect on a picture they have. The green seemed the best for my purposes. I figure the main place I want to see best into water is in the fresh when chasing bass, yellows and cod, or when looking for shallow reefs. Although I am doing a lot more offshore ATM the copper, amber or brown lens are still fine they just let in more light than the grey with blue tint.

Archived