Fuel Leak?

Wombatroo

Hi I have a Savage Ranger 4.5 with a 60 Yamaha on the back. I can smell fuel and it seems to be leaking down the side of the boat from maybe an air flow hole? I'm  new to this not sure if it's something I should worry about doesn't do it all the time and not necessarily on a hot day. Tania

If it is leaking from the breather it is unlikely to be the filter. Maybe you have an airlock? Might be best to get someone who knows a bit about boats to have a look at it for you, or call the dealer for advice. You really don't need petrol drifting around the place randomly. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm back. Well I contacted the boat mechanic but he couldn't come out before I left. Someone had said that maybe I had a air blockage and to blow air into it. As I don't have a compressor I thought I would take the cover off the breather pipe and blow into it. Probably all of you guys know what happened next I didn't. Out  blurted the fuel all over me!  I must say I never smelled fuel the whole time I was away lol . Now my washing machine stinks of fuel too.

Didn't catch any fish but really didn't do much fishing it was windy down there. Went up and down the Tambo River. Very pretty place. Am going to sell my 4x4 and poptop van buy a ute and slide on so I can take my boat when I go away. Cheers Tania

Archived