Hey Guys, Are There Any Fishing Spots Around Indooroopilly?

UQKai6

Hey mates, just came back home from indooroopilly bridge (below bridge), Nothing gains LOL. I found that there is very much mud over the river base, though I use bottom fishing equipment with chicken as bait for catching catties, nothing happened. And then changed to lure, nothing happened either. Quite confused about what kinds of baits should I use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Mate when we where kids years ago we used to fish under the Indooroopilly bridge Chelmer side for Catfish & landed plenty of decent sized ones,as I said we where only kids & cooked & ate one once & it was bloody discustig.I was good fun catcching them on light line & you have given me a idea to revisit there when the weather warms up in September to get a few to use in my crab pots.If u want to have some real fun use a flimsey whippy rod loaded with 6lb max line preferabably a bit lighter.They'll take just about any bait u throw at them & they will give a a good tussle with a few strong runs,never caught any other fish there but I was told mullet where about if u have the patience to persist,Let me know how whent.

3 hours ago, sparrow64 said:

Hi Mate when we where kids years ago we used to fish under the Indooroopilly bridge Chelmer side for Catfish & landed plenty of decent sized ones,as I said we where only kids & cooked & ate one once & it was bloody discustig.I was good fun catcching them on light line & you have given me a idea to revisit there when the weather warms up in September to get a few to use in my crab pots.If u want to have some real fun use a flimsey whippy rod loaded with 6lb max line preferabably a bit lighter.They'll take just about any bait u throw at them & they will give a a good tussle with a few strong runs,never caught any other fish there but I was told mullet where about if u have the patience to persist,Let me know how whent.

Nice tip mate thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Archived