Hervey Bay Regulars Help!

Angus

Hey team,

With the weather looking the way it is for Wednesday to Friday, but with the days still up my sleeve we are thinking of running up the inside of Fraser to hide from the wind a bit and chase misc fish.

I know (sort of) how to find the tuna up that way but have 0 marks for anything else.

If anyone has any "rough" marks for trevally, kingies, snapper I would massively appreciate it! PM is fine.

Will have a quality sounder so will try and find ground as well.

Any assistance at this late planning date will be appreciated!

Angus

Inside Fraser is definitely the better choice for you guys now, especially with a Southerly blowing.

There is lots of good Mackeral around up there atm and should be some good reefies around as well with the lead up to the moon.

The wreck off Roonies is always worth a look for Mackeral,Trevally and Cobia, ect and it is marked on the charts so it is easy to find.

Hi Angus,

In all honesty when I have fished up  there with @samsteele115 we just chased the birds and they found fish for us. If there are no birds we would explore and hit some of the known marks and just explore anywhere we found bait or marked fish on the sounder. 

The other thing I did is just up from the boat club there is a set a shops and one of them has a big map of the bay with the most common GPS marks. Things like Wathumba wreck, Trevally Ally and many many more. I just took a photo of them and used these as a starting point and look for ground as I'm travelling. Roonies 4 mile & six mile reefs we have found good for big Spanish. Wathumba Wreck is not very big and gets hit hard being out the front of the Wathumba inlet, but have caught snapper, variety of Trevally, mackerel, tuna ect. When we have found the golden's they have been in shallow water like 6m depth, just back from Wathumba. 

Polarising the flats if the tide and conditions are right also worth doing.

I would give the GPS spots, however I don't have them after my last sounder failed. I didn't know how to back them up then, so I lost them all.

Doesn't faze me much, next time I get there will just start looking again.

Lots of options if you have any wind with East in it.

Good luck

Archived