When I Grow Up I Want To Catch A Big Taylor

Drop Bear

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/oldest-recorded-tailor-captured-in-nsw

Oldest recorded tailor captured in NSW

Cracker jack.

Soooo I have never caught a good taylor. I have caught a lot but never a big en.

Could you please post any pics of large taylor you have caught? I have put a photo in but its not not massive. 

Also tips and tricks on catching a big en. Not go to to Fraser and catch 2000000 choppers. 

Thanks

FB_IMG_1471734489674.jpg

I've never got a bit one either Robbie, my best being in the 50s. I saw one of 8kg caught at Peregian last year, but greenbacks are generally few and far between. I know Shark Bay in WA is famous for XXXOS tailor, maybe a trip over there might get you your tick.

17 hours ago, Tybo said:

I know you're adventurous Robbie, did you eat one?

yep we ate all of them. We had the smallest one that night simply pan fried. It did have some of its distinctive flavour but quite nice really. We ate the middle sized one the next day and it had more of that flavour. The big one I filleted and froze and we put in a curry a few weeks later. It had a very strong flavour. A lot like the cheap fish i have had at some dodgy restaurants. Is that Bassa? Not great at all but we still ate it. If you were going to eat that not in a curry it would be pretty nasty. I would have to be hungry to keep another one. These were the fist ones I had ever seen. Better keep the small ones live for kingfish bait than eat them. 

Archived