Keep Australia Fishing

Gad

Although I believe a Labor-Green alliance is/will always be a real threat to rec fishos, I would like more than an innuendo/rumour, or some group`s early political electioneering to rally the petitioners this far out from an election, for me to consider it.

Yes, always keeping the home fires stoked is good, but petitions for the sake of petitions are not my cup of tea.

anyway.... taken from Keep Australia Fishing email newsletter 15-9-17

Labor Greens plot to Lock You Out!

We understand that the Labor - Greens are plotting with the multinational anti-fishing organisations to overthrow the Government’s recent Marine Park plans and replace it with their own. Rumours are that they have been pacing the corridors of Parliament in Canberra leveraging support for their plot.

Though the Government’s plans are not perfect, they do provide a better balance between having world class marine protection on one hand and considering key stakeholders like recreational fishers on the other. Importantly, we can still access the majority of our iconic fishing spots around our nation.

We have learnt that the Labor Greens are scheming to have the Government’s plans overthrown and replaced by the “Labor – Greens Plan’ – also known as the Burke Plan. The Burke plan will lock you out of vast areas where we used to be able to fish (over 1.3 million square kilometres) and then we will have to share the area that is left with concentrated industrial scale fishing activities including super trawlers.

Help us stop the Labor Greens plan by supporting our petition on our website.

http://www.keepaustraliafishing.com.au/governments-balanced-marine-park-plan-under-threat-signup/

Please don't bring politics into such a good forum......... Everyone has their views and a lot are contrasting and some good friendships can be lost over politics. I have my views and won't express them here, and those that do consider the views of others and respect them its the opinion that they have, and its their entitalment .....................thats my rant 

1 hour ago, Joe Devereux said:

Please don't bring politics into such a good forum......... Everyone has their views and a lot are contrasting and some good friendships can be lost over politics. I have my views and won't express them here, and those that do consider the views of others and respect them its the opinion that they have, and its their entitalment .....................thats my rant 

Thank for your comments :) I see where your coming from, BUT please note that I posted this article and comments in the Politics and Environment headed section, as long as posters are civil, opinions are just that ,opinions.

Tactful wasn`t I :P

9 hours ago, ellicat said:

Make of it what you will -

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-17/australian-marine-parks-criticism-of-new-conservation-plan/8944594

Noticed Pew was involved in the commentary.

Thanks for that e`cat, I missed that. cheers for the warning I`ll skip the video :P and will read the story more (?) thoroughly tomorrow and then try to be tactfull ;), if I reply :)

23 hours ago, ellicat said:

Make of it what you will -

Noticed Pew was involved in the commentary.

some will be for, some will be against. for me it`s that.... Déjà Poo feeling.                      

If  the plan was passed, at the next change of government Pew and associates will want their pound of flesh again, and with the following change of government that pound of flesh would be taken back.  Mouse on the wheel politics.:no:

The only fact everyone agrees on… the cost of living is continuously rising.

Come the revolution, I want to be President, Treasurer, and Commander in Chief of the Armed Services :)….. trust me, I`d do the right thing for Australia, ‘don`t you worry about that’.:P

Archived