Stuff For Wheel Studs?

Old Scaley

So I have ordered a new trailer to replace my aging redco. I can't remember the name of the stuff you put on the wheel studs to stop them locking on. I have been lucky to never have to change a trailer wheel on the side of the road but if I did have to I know there is no way I could undo the wheel nuts. Every time I have replaced the bearings I have had to take the trailer to the local mechanic to get the rattle gun onto them. So this time I want to make sure I could get the nuts undone on my own. What is that stuff called?

Been caught twice with overtightened wheel nuts so have invested in a battery operated rattle gun from super cheap.

Last time I did a side wall on a tyre that was only 3 weeks old and was not able to undo 3 of the nuts even with a 4 ft bar on the brace . 2 hrs on side of M1 was the decider. Went back to the retailer and had a big spit and was told that their rattle guns were checked every day so i challenged them to try and undo wheel nuts on the other 3 wheels on the car and guess what  he had to get rattle gun and retightened them using a torque wrench

Magic bit of gear and i use it frequently could not do without it..

Cheers

Ray

Archived