New To This Site

Henry0

Hey all I'm new to this site would love some  advice if you care to share,

My mate and I head out land casting pretty much  every weekend from  Scarborough to  tallebudgera with a wide range of bait struggle to catch a legal bream  any advice or  direction would be greatly appreciated 

11 hours ago, Henry0 said:

My mate and I head out land casting pretty much  every weekend from  Scarborough to  tallebudgera with a wide range of bait struggle to catch a legal bream  any advice or  direction would be greatly appreciated

If you ever make it to Wynnum/Manly try the water front from High tide. Concentrate north of Rose bay to south of the wading pool.

Make sure you are there 2-3 hours before high and about 1 hour after.

Baits will work as well as soft plastics and if the water is really calm use poppers and top water lures. 

good luck. 

Welcome to the site mate. I'm not sure how much fishing experience you've got but I'll give some basic advice - try to use light line (obviously suitable to the surroundings - ie. slightly heavier if fishing rocky/oyster areas), fresh bait (you can pump yabbies at a few spots to the north of the jetty at Wynnum, plus also down near the mouth of Tingalpa Creek), match the hook size to your bait and use a light sinker so your bait wafts around a little.

From there it's just a matter of getting to know area/s and when the fish bite on different tides. Good luck!

Archived