First King Salmon In The Fitzroy

Cmaltby

Hey everyone!!! Long time since being on here, I've been flat out working setting my business up and catching bugger all every time I get out. 

Ive been fishing the Fitzroy for a few  it's now it's been way to windy for my Little tinny and I have not caught anything decent. I knew that I had to persist and eventually I would get results,  today I went down the Fitzroy with some friends we threw the net catching prawns for bait and when we had enough we move down to a spot where I had had very minimal success(dropped a very nice kingy netting it) and thought I'll give it a crack.  The day started with all of us bringing catfish over this side then I hooked up and I knew it was something different from the fight and I got to the boat and to my shock it was my first ever king threadfin I was stoked I measured it it went 61 it was legal not by much but still I'm happy I little later again I got smashed this time Buy a blue salmon that went 52. I've never eaten any of these fish but I've read they are great fresh.anyway thanks for rating I'm hoping to get out fishing more and see success and hopefully have some more reports for you guys thanks a lot hope everyone is catching fish.

Cameron 

Ps can anyone identify the third fish? Is it a juvenile black Jew 

IMG_1352.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

Archived