Visiting In December

Yukoner

18 hours ago, Yukoner said:

Hi guys n gals heading to great Keppel and mooloolaba areas in December any info on where to go and tackle hops would be greatly appreciated 

There are stacks of tackle shops in Brisbane I could steer you towards but I don't know Sunshine coast sorry. Keppel sounds good. Are you taking a boat?

21 minutes ago, Gad said:

Bit by bit we are clawing some info out of you that may assist in answering your original requests, keep it coming, it can only help your cause.:)

Info on baits , rigs  n such 

assuming shrimp clam ect maybe fish chunks  fer sit and watch the rod tip lol

rubber swim baits top water rapala type stuff fer casting 

looking for fairly easy access locations to have some fun 

thanks 

@Cmaltby might be able to assist with Keppel spots.

Mooloolaba is not really a known fishing spot. You have some rocks at Alexandra Headland to the north that may be 'fishable' with your surf gear using pilchards for bait. I think your best bet would be to drive north to Marooochydore and fish the river with your spin gear. Using worms and prawns you will catch some whiting, flathead and bream.

Rock wall at Alex heads is probs the only spot at Mooloolooba use pilly cubes 4/0 hooks strong leader as there GT there occasionally Kings but tides and moon need to be right. Jew of an evening. But as Elicit says head to Maroochydore go off chambers Islands withs Soft plastics prawns worms for whiting, flathead, under the overpass highway on high tide of an evening produces some big fish....

Archived