Minn Kota............... Help!!!!!!

Joe Devereux

I have a 55lb minkota ipilot riptide....... the weekend just gone the steering decided not to work. I have narrowed it down to one of three things the remote is not transmitting however all features seem to work I can control speed and turn on spot lock etc so I suspect the remote is working. the second one is the receiver on the unit it self, and thirdly is the motor that drives the steering. Does anyone know where I can buy parts and most importantly a work shop manual so I can more acutely diagnose my problem....... or maybe even a website BLA don't seem to have a parts listing.............thanks in advance 

When it is on spot lock does the steering motor work then? That will prove the steering motor. I doubt if it is the remote as you normally only loose left or right steering if a button went faulty. Do you have a foot pedal to try or can you borrow a mates remote and pair it to your moto rand see what happens.

Getting new parts you are locked into BLA unless you wish to import from the states

Contact Darren Little at https://fishingfix.com.au

he may be able to talk you through it and may even have secondhand /reconditioned parts.

Cheers

Ray

Archived