Fishing Cape York In Sept

Potter

My new boat could do this! 

Mate that is a fantastic trip. Well done. Loved watching this video... and trip envy!!!

Hey in 2 of the drone shots there are some palms on the waters edge. Is that common up there? I have seen them when we were in PNG and i supose its not that far from there but I havent seen them here. Very cool thanks

Those rivers are unbelievably good fishing. And the grouper are amazing! We were camped at the mouth of one of the rivers where there a couple of VW sized grouper and there was a yacht anchored up there for a few days. He told the story of washing his breakfast bowl over the back of the yacht and almost being grabbed by one. They just appear out of nowhere.

On 05/11/2017 at 6:56 AM, Drop Bear said:

My new boat could do this! 

Mate that is a fantastic trip. Well done. Loved watching this video... and trip envy!!!

Hey in 2 of the drone shots there are some palms on the waters edge. Is that common up there? I have seen them when we were in PNG and i supose its not that far from there but I havent seen them here. Very cool thanks

In the upper reaches the water is brackish to fresh... the water goes a tea colour and the scenery is pretty amazing. The palms are common (forget what type) and water actually drops off a bit deeper. The first few miles from the mouth of most west coast Cape rivers is very shallow with lots of sandbars to navigate. God's country

Archived