Help! Advice On Travel Fishing Rod Needed

Melissa

Hi everyone, hubby and I are heading to New Caledonia just after Christmas, and he has requested travel fishing gear to fish the lagoons while I'm at the spa.  
So I am needing help and advice in purchasing a travel rod, reel - and whatever lures etc.  I need to purchase.  Wanting something that he'll be happy with, price is not a factor, although spending thousands is not my goal.  Can anyone help?

On 11/14/2017 at 10:58 AM, Melissa said:

So I am needing help and advice in purchasing a travel rod, reel - and whatever lures etc.  I need to purchase.  Wanting something that he'll be happy with, price is not a factor, although spending thousands is not my goal.  Can anyone help?

@Angus

I'm with Tybo. Those travel rods you have would be perfect. Then put a shimano reel on it and you are done!

Angus has Some 3 piece Nordic Stage Favorite travel rods in a hard case. Awesome bit of kit. 

17 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

@Angus

I'm with Tybo. Those travel rods you have would be perfect. Then put a shimano reel on it and you are done!

Angus has Some 3 piece Nordic Stage Favorite travel rods in a hard case. Awesome bit of kit. 

703l 5-10lb    
    703ml 6-12lb    
    803ml 6-12lb    
    803m 8-14lb    
    903m 8-14lb    

Above are models remaining.

1 of each.

$100 each. 

Hard case included.

Angus

A bit mid-high end but well worth the money; the Diawa airport V2 travel rods are awesome. I have one now for when I come back to Aus to fish.

- match with a Diawa Sol 2508 and 8 pound braid

- 12 pound-ish leader

- 1/12 oz size 2H TT jigheads

- Berkley powerbait 2 inch minnow in the smelt colour

- bottle of loctite for a little drop to secure the plastic to the jig head (so it doesnt slide down)

- bit of gulp scent (or similar) on the plastic

- cast out and let sink to bottom, two very sharp jerks and let sink to bottom again. Repeat.

Two years living in the Central Pacific (Tarawa 2005-2006) refining my SP techniques landbased in the lagoon almost every day after work; this was my best lagoon fish producer. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived