Cricket 2017-2018

Gad

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starts tomorrow

Fifth Test    Australia v England, SCG   Thurs 4 – Mon 8 January

Ch9/HD Brisbane broadcast starts 8.30am Qlder time

30 Dec….Australia's 14-man squad for fifth  Ashes Test: Steve Smith (c), David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird, Mitchell Starc, Ashton Agar, Peter Handscomb. 

With no Shield matches at the SCG so far this summer, selectors are somewhat flying blind in regards to whether or not the pitch will take turn again and a decision on the final Test XI won't be determined until after the squad arrives in Sydney.

Update: 3-1-18

Starc has returned from injury.

Bird, Agar and Handscomb have been released to their respective Big Bash League clubs.

Smith has confirmed he'll be right to play.

26 minutes ago, Gad said:

end Day 1 :ausflag:

Poms 5/233

Soooo what do you reckon? Even or Aussies in front? I say small lead to Australia but Poms have some runs on the board. New ball was swinging late and seaming around. Poms are better swing bowlers but Aussies are faster and got the ball to swing. not much turn for Gary, although they are saying nice one Nate these days haha. 

31 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Soooo what do you reckon? Even or Aussies in front? I say small lead to Australia but Poms have some runs on the board. New ball was swinging late and seaming around. Poms are better swing bowlers but Aussies are faster and got the ball to swing. not much turn for Gary, although they are saying nice one Nate these days haha. 

2 late wickets swung it our way 55/45. 

Pommy slump in the morning to swing it further our way.....

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Even as the match sits now. I like the Aussie bowlers chances, 1st session in the morning. Virtually a second shot with a 'new' ball., new batsman at the crease and Malan will carry his teams weight out with him in the morning. Wouldn`t surprise to see Smith call Lyons up early to see what the wicket has done over night. One more wicket and their into the start of the tail. No rain on the horizon. Will be a better spectator`s game than the dead MCG wicket, that`s a certainty

I'd love to see a 250 lead with 1 and a half days to go. So bat all first session at the same pace. Both Marshs become centenarians. Then after lunch go the tonk and get as many as you can for an hour and declare or be out what ever comes first. 4 and a half sessions to take 10 wickets on a decaying pitch. 4/0. What could possibly go wrong? :frantics::whistle:

How about you? What is your plan. 

P.S. I have a hot line to Smith so I can put your plan forward.

P.P.S. The previous statement may or may not be true.

26 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Then after lunch go the tonk and get as many as you can for an hour and declare or be out what ever comes first. 4 and a half sessions to take 10 wickets on a decaying pitch. 4/0. What could possibly go wrong?  

Ditto.... especially 'What could possibly go wrong"?  :P

4 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I'm somewhat sad to see the end of the Ashes series. It will be one I will cherish for a long time. 

Yay. Bring it! :) I am pretty keen to go and see a one dayer

:ausflag:  keep the flag waving  for me, guys.

It`s now that time of year when my interest turns to the women players new year fashion parades, at the Summer of Tennis. I think it`s to do with the stretch and quality of the  fabric. :) 

Archived