port of bris boat ramp

rumrunner

:angry:

not happy jan!!!

i went for a flick on sat nite after buying a new rod from amart, but when we got to the ramp, we could not get in ? the train gate was closed, weird ? so we waited for about 25 min for the train but it wasnt coming! dang. well there goes 30 min of fishing down the drain, so then we thaught try the next 1 allong? so we went and had a look at the ramp at the caravan park i had been told about. nope no go either! i wouldnt throw my worst enemy in at that ramp!

so off to the colmslie we went ! i have never used the colmslie ramp befor either ? but i found it to be a pretty good ramp! and i will use it again.

so after all that we anchored up under the gateway and got a few small bream,

but they were not what we were after so we then headed towards the sunken wall when we noticed a few boats fishing within the same area, so we had a quick scan of the bottom and found there was very good structure under us!!!

so anchor we did and catch fish we did also! the best of the nite was mine!:woohoo: and it was a 42cm cod.B)

other then that they were all just the usual bream,eel,squire!

Brian D wrote:

Gezz Rumrunner you sure get your share of fish.

i was just saying to my mate yesterday that i havnt been fishing in the brizzy river and not caught anything ! every time i go out i will atleast get two fish! but the usual for 2 in my boat is about 10 to 20 per session of all different species!;)

i used to be a jumpinpin only man but im converting i think:silly:

I use the boat ramp near the caravan park all the time beats all the boat traffic and waiting that the others get unless I'm fishing out the mouth I use port boat ramp you would be surprised of some of the good spots not far from the aquirium passage ramp but be carefull at low tide slippery ramp my car slid a metre till the trailer dropped off the edge a couple weeks back there is a timber pole in the water that marks where the ramp ends good to remember

heres a moses perch

http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishguide/15858.html

heres a fingermark

http://www.recfishwest.org.au/PhotoGoodsonFingermark.jpg

admittedly they look pretty similar because they are from the same family

here are 3 differences

1. fingermark are bigger

2. fingermark live further north

3. fingermark are kind of like a jack crossed with a massive bream whereas a moses perch look more like a jack, have very small scales and their bodies are soft to the touch

STU wrote:

I use the boat ramp near the caravan park all the time beats all the boat traffic and waiting that the others get unless I'm fishing out the mouth I use port boat ramp you would be surprised of some of the good spots not far from the aquirium passage ramp but be carefull at low tide slippery ramp my car slid a metre till the trailer dropped off the edge a couple weeks back there is a timber pole in the water that marks where the ramp ends good to remember

that ramp looked awfull! and there is nowhere to put the boat while parking the car, i need a good ramp for my boat, its a 17ft glass half cab and i am only towing with a front wheel drive v6, so it looked way to scary for me:S

Archived