Nordic Stage Rod Snapped

ramsey

Broke my Nordic Stage areal gunslinger today while under minimal pressure. Was fighting a mid 30's bass on 6lb with light drag. 

Snapped right at the bottom of the connection between the top and bottom half.

Curious to why if snapped, any information would be appreciated

Cheers, Ramsey

Hey Ramsey I replied to this same post earlier but have cut and paste reply and deleted duplicate.

"How long have you had it Ramsey? And has it caught other fish etc?

Def sounds ding induced for the location. The trade off for such light carbon fibre is this factor. Tiny blemishes, dings etc actually "bruise" carbon fibre and causes it to weaken over time thus not necessarily breaking right away but later.

Tip snaps are usually different. Just a bit careless or high sticking etc but mid rod has in nearly every case I have seen (on Nordics) been this reason.

Angus"

Just now, ramsey said:

Had rod for 8 months, bought of Dostylzes. Could many bass, bream, flattys etc. 

Cool man thanks for feedback. Look I hate to say it but I think it must have copped a ding somewhere along the line. As it was a rod that was performing fine and has been in possession for a good while this is the most likely option. It would be a bit different if it was fresh out of bag if you know what i mean.

I am going to be cleaning out a few parts and bits this week and will have  a really good look for you and see if I can find a bottom half (it was the bottom yeah???).

Angus

Archived