AFO Yuletide/christmas Party

Angus

Good day all.

I have some pretty great news. Our generous member @Drop Bear has offered to host this years AFO Christmas Party.

Details:

Date: Saturday 9th December

Time: 12:00 Midday

This will be a family friendly event so please feel free to bring children and partners. Robbie (@dropbear) has a great backyard for this.

Catering: This is still up in there air. We could just do a bring a plate? And some meat for a BBQ? Or, we could chip in some coin and Robbie and I can get a spit on early. Let us discuss this and firm something up early next week.

Swap Meet: This went quite well last year would anyone be interested in doing it again? Once again open to discussion.

RSVP: Please give a firm statement whether you intend to come for logistical and planning reasons for our generous host.

Cheers!

Angus

I'm in too, for the party, spit, and swap meet.

I dug out a heap of stuff this morning, most in good working condition, just no longer needed. Happy to swap items for whatever, lures, line, beer, even a guaranteed day out fishing would be a reasonable trade.

I'll throw up what I've got, happy if admin wants to move to a more specific thread for just the swap meet.

IMG20171124090454.thumb.jpg.bf829698e4a2e9bd2e39fdaf6f88c0c8.jpg

Tackle boxes: 2 Plano, the other I think is Plano, but may be a Plano knock-off. All are empty and clean, and all trays and clips work perfectly.

Yabby pump: I'll swap either of the yabby pumps pictured, but will keep one. One is a Wilson, the other an Alvey, and I just replaced the washers in both. I have another pump as well, so don't need three.

Anchors: Small sand, a reef, and a grappling hook(which is a little deadly).

Chain: Two lengths, about 1.5m each.

Rods: Jarvis Walker 655 Medium action 3-7kg, Daiwa Special Surf 103TMC 12" 5-9kg, and an Outer Mark 103120SF Medium action 12" 6-8kg. All rods are in good condition, all guides intact.

If no one is keen on any of it, I won't bother dragging it along.

Sounds like fun but sorry I can't make it.... oh its at my place! I'd probably better go...

Happy as, to do a spit roast or sausages or whatever. There is a good chance that I will get some venison next week so if that works out I can put on a leg. 

I have heaps of fishing stuff I don't want any more so will put in the pile like tybo most of it is swap or beer or fishing trip or... just have.

So who is gonna do the Trivia this year? @Benno123 did it last year didn't he?

Also I have a 12 foot cast net that I cant throw so a cast net comp and a casting comp are def on the cards. Any other ideas? Or keep as a surprise? Dunno, let me know. 

Hey guys I would love to attend but I am due to drive into Ipswich at some stage that day after leaving Innisfail late on the 8th December so I will be a bit late for festivities and stuffed! However I look forward to seeing and meeting some of you next year as I will be back around redcliffe, scarborough, bribe island and the pin areas! Look out for a late 90's haines 470 sf called Wild Flower white and green and a big fellow on board! Have fun fellas! I'll be out and about fishing before xmas I am sure! 

I'm towing her home as well so if you see a silvery/bluey 80 series cruiser driving through Brisbane on the 9th late afternoon honk and say hi / wake me up. 1644km to drive and props 19 or more hours towing a boat all the way. 

On 11/28/2017 at 1:22 PM, natang said:

Look out for a late 90's haines 470 sf called Wild Flower white and green and a big fellow on board! Have fun fellas! I'll be out and about fishing before xmas I am sure! 

Will keep an eye out for sure, I have a '01 470SF also, called 'Parsons Knows', white with blue writing. Always keen for a chat with 470 owners.

I will be there Rob and will happily chip in - will monitor over the next week with regards to what I need to bring/pay. I won't be able to stay all arvo (or night .....) unfortunately as we are having my son's 6th bday party at our place the day after so will have some stuff to do in readiness.  Hmmmmmm ..... venison ............. :whistle:

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I will be there Rob and will happily chip in - will monitor over the next week with regards to what I need to bring/pay. I won't be able to stay all arvo (or night .....)

Great! :)

I will probably get a beef or a pork roast or something as well for people that don't like venison. It is a nice yearling doe and first taste was really yummy. 

On 29 November 2017 at 1:29 PM, Tybo said:

Will keep an eye out for sure, I have a '01 470SF also, called 'Parsons Knows', white with blue writing. Always keen for a chat with 470 owners.

Tabo what pressure do yo run in tyres on trailer? I assume you have similar trailer Redco sports with 13" tyres. 

24 minutes ago, natang said:

Tabo what pressure do yo run in tyres on trailer? I assume you have similar trailer Redco sports with 13" tyres. 

I have a Dunbier, but do run 13" inch tyres. I run 50psi and have for over a year now, with no problems. I spoke to a bloke at Bob Jane about it, and he said run it as close to capacity as you can. I think my tyres say 60psi, but I think I'd need shocks on my trailer if I was going to run them that high.

19 hours ago, Tybo said:

I have a Dunbier, but do run 13" inch tyres. I run 50psi and have for over a year now, with no problems. I spoke to a bloke at Bob Jane about it, and he said run it as close to capacity as you can. I think my tyres say 60psi, but I think I'd need shocks on my trailer if I was going to run them that high.

Thanks buddy! 

6 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

(feel like I'm lining up a date ....... :whistle:).

Ok well I voted yes but I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.... :lol:

So i think it will work out at about $5 per person. Venison is free. 

I will grab a roast pork too and some salads and bread.

Just bring some beverages if you want. 

Looking forward to catching up.

Archived