Pelagic Social Gold Coast January 19th To 21st

tugger

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2018 at 6:58 AM, Drop Bear said:

We are staying in Broadbeach. I will launch at the spit/bums bay ramp at 3am Sat and Sun if weather permits and stooge around to the north of Wavebreak to meet up.

Are you launching from this ramp @DropBear?

5a56c479497c5_Screenshot2018-01-11at11_44_25AM.thumb.png.70b974bf4a1fd1cf0f59b336cb92b4a6.png

I would too, however I went out on a charter from here last year and parked my car up on the grass(since there were no more parks), and came back to $150 parking fine. I'll launch from the Labrador boat ramp, and meet up with you out the front of Wavebreak.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:10 AM, Luvit said:

Hi Robbie,

I agree with Lance regarding the outriggers, if you can afford them.

After just buying a boat,  you may just want to just try the marlin fishing out and see if it's for you. I bought these from Lance for my old boat and they are great quality and I still use them as rod holders today, even though I now have outriggers. I caught marlin with them and you are welcome to use them over the Social weekend if you can't get the riggers set up in time. Best to add lanyards to your rods and the holders because I once dropped one over board. They don't float.

Let me know if you want to use them and I'll throw them in. 

IMG_4383.jpg.99669ff556883caab824bf4ec8e6f508.jpgIMG_4382.jpg.2e59110a9475322e5c932833be85a869.jpg

how much are these ones lance  /  luvit?

18 hours ago, Tybo said:

Are you launching from this ramp @DropBear?

Yep. I know this one and the water from here to wavebreak. I don't know any others. Thanks for the heads up on the parking situation. Bit of a dog act to fine you if council don't supply enough parking spots. Things like that make for expensive fishing trips!

I will hopefully get my boat back today with the Motor Guide fixed and hopefully I can get it in for first service next week. 

Thanks mate

booked my accommodation, literal 1min drive to the ramp. Getting very keen for this now! I may go to the seaway on Saturday arvo and have a throw around until sunset to kill some hours before bed

Just thinking too, if any of the campers are in need of anything while they are at sleeping on the boat etc and cant be botherd to park the boat, run to the car and drive somewhere, flick me a message and I can pick up whatever you need. cant have you all running out of vital hydration supplies :D

2 minutes ago, christophagus said:

booked my accommodation, literal 1min drive to the ramp. Getting very keen for this now! I may go to the seaway on Saturday arvo and have a throw around until sunset to kill some hours before bed

Just thinking too, if any of the campers are in need of anything while they are at sleeping on the boat etc and cant be botherd to park the boat, run to the car and drive somewhere, flick me a message and I can pick up whatever you need. cant have you all running out of vital hydration supplies :D

Nice offer.

I may need a lift to the Wave island and back to the boat since I don't have a retrieval system.

2 minutes ago, Luvit said:

Nice offer.

I may need a lift to the Wave island and back to the boat since I don't have a retrieval system.

If you want to anchor out in the channel all of us can grab you from the boat or drop you out to it anytime you need.

There is usually always someone sitting at the camp with a boat there.

9 hours ago, Tybo said:

So who will be down there Friday night? Now thinking of getting down there Friday night, launching, and having a kip on the boat. I figure it's better that way than leaving Brisbane at 1:30am! :no:

As Lance said he and I will be getting down there Friday morning at 9am we will be there all day and if you come looking for us when you get there we will be on the northern side of the island in the anchorage and the western end of that beach just look out for a heap of runabouts close in along the beach.

Things are looking good for me to attend this social, am in two minds as to go as per usual solo

or learn of someone who knows palegics as I'm more of a snapper/reef fisherman.

Swell looks like it may arrive here on the Goldy Thu at this stage around 1.5m it will be larger out

wider as its coming from the South.

Heh guys , I m new to this forum and will try come over to meet a few other members , I just bought a big tinny after years of remote area fishing out of my smaller tinny , decided as I live right on the water on the goldy I should start making use of it and would like to meet and hook up for some trips with other boats 

my new tinny Blue one and my smaller tinny pic from out last trip 

IMG_1039[2].JPG

IMG_0997[1].JPG

21 hours ago, tugger said:

As Lance said he and I will be getting down there Friday morning at 9am we will be there all day and if you come looking for us when you get there we will be on the northern side of the island in the anchorage and the western end of that beach just look out for a heap of runabouts close in along the beach.

i have the friday off aswell me and terry and the wife in my boat,and my brother and his wife in there boat will be going down early we will leave from rudy marrs  rather drive on the water,so there will be a few hands to help set up

8 hours ago, straddiebrad said:

i have the friday off aswell me and terry and the wife in my boat,and my brother and his wife in there boat will be going down early we will leave from rudy marrs  rather drive on the water,so there will be a few hands to help set up

Lance and i are launching at runaway bay marina at 9am on Friday and will be at the island shortly after which will be just before high tide perfect for unloading gear on the beach 

20 hours ago, shane450 said:

Heh guys , I m new to this forum and will try come over to meet a few other members , I just bought a big tinny after years of remote area fishing out of my smaller tinny , decided as I live right on the water on the goldy I should start making use of it and would like to meet and hook up for some trips with other boats 

my new tinny Blue one and my smaller tinny pic from out last trip 

IMG_1039[2].JPG

IMG_0997[1].JPG

Nice one. You should def try and come for the Saturday night cook up. Lots of good people to meet with heaps of great information. Hope to meet you then.

3 hours ago, tugger said:

Lance and i are launching at runaway bay marina at 9am on Friday and will be at the island shortly after which will be just before high tide perfect for unloading gear on the beach 

Mrs Drop Bear is working on Friday so it will be a bit tricky to get down Friday. I might have to drive down Saturday and have a bit of a fish Saturday morning then hopefully if the wind is great fish Sunday morning. If the wind is rubbish Sunday but good Sat we will sleep on the boat lateish on Friday night at Wavebreak island. 

5 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Mrs Drop Bear is working on Friday so it will be a bit tricky to get down Friday. I might have to drive down Saturday and have a bit of a fish Saturday morning then hopefully if the wind is great fish Sunday morning. If the wind is rubbish Sunday but good Sat we will sleep on the boat lateish on Friday night at Wavebreak island. 

Why not just set up a tent Robbie.

We will have all the cooking gear set up so you won't need to bring any of that stuff, just a tent and your sleeping gear.

Much more comfortable than trying to sleep in a small boat.

Archived