Hi guys,

Just wondering if any that targets Kingfish can tell me the best time of year and places to target them please? 

I live in Port Stephens, and I know they are about but not sure of the best time of day to target them or where. I hear they catch them on the break wall at Nelsons Bay and other places from time to time but If I was to target one say outside where would be the sort area I'd find them? And also do they always stay deep or spend most of their time feeding on the surface/middle of the water?

Thanks heaps guys
Geoff

hey Garfield  you can troll live baits or lures round the bommies on the front of fingal is..just watch closures on south side..same at broughton.troll the front deep water in front of the sisters or the north east cnr of north is at broughton...il be tryin to get up there over the break so il pm u if im comin up..tryin to tee up a trip with scratchie and a few others from the bay..cheers rick

Hi Rick, 

You know Jeff (Scratchie) mate? He's the man up here. I've been out with Jeff a few times and he's tried to help me out fishing but he's a busy man and I try not to hassle him too much. He's a good bloke whole loves and knows his fishing. 

Do you just know that the kingies are there or do you sound them up on certain areas? I'd like to try and catch them dropping livies or even trying those long jigs I see them caught on YouTube. Do they usually swim deep or midwater? 

Thanks mate

Geoff 

mate on any given day they can be anywhere in the water column...you can usually read them on the sounder sitting on the sides of the bait schools..pik up some livies and drift fish next to the kingie pens.on the down current side....I usually fish the evening session at broughton  and sleep in the boat then hit the reds again at dawn..after that I go chase anything that's wants a slow trolled slimy..tuna.kings.marlin.cobes..pm me your fone no..il give you a yell next trip..rick

Archived