Hinze Western Arm 10/1/17

rayke1938

We ventured to the western arm this morning for the first time since early september.
With the dam being just over 100% it is a nice short walk from the ramp to the car park which is a bonus when you have my wonky legs.
We were not expecting too many shrimp in the pots but were disappointed to find that the share farmers had raided them and thrown them back without closing them.
We managed to find a couple that they had missed and had about 40 shrimp which turned out to be enough to catch some bass and also fatten up the dreaded barred grunter.
The bass whilst being a good size in the high 30s and low 40s were hard to locate with us just catching one or 2 in different spots,
We ran out of bait around 11 am with a tally of 14 bass and once again I am the tandan king.
Cheers
Ray

hinze10117 001.JPG

hinze10117 002 (640x480).jpg

hinze10117 003 (640x480).jpg

hinze10117 006 (640x480).jpg

hinze10117 007 (640x480).jpg

We do not use floats and tie the pots off to the trees using black rope and you have to be close to them to see them but once they are found they get raided and we move them to a different location.

We split the pots over 2 locations but this time they were both found.We were kind of expecting it but if the sharefarmers are semi reputable they close up the pots and they will keep on catching even though they have no bait in them.

Cheers

Ray

Cheers

Ray

There was an interesting to follow report about 2 dudes that were found share farming crab pots in the logan. Their Name, address, phone number, car and boat rego were all put up on face book and I wonder if anyone gave them a bit of curry. As small part of me hopes they did but the other part hopes the law sorted it out non vigilante style.

It is painful to have something stolen even if it is not worth much and easy to replace, let alone something precious, so I'm sorry to hear your traps had been raided and would encourage anyone who is reading this to try and understand what an impact it has on all of us. But in saying that I feel everyone I have met on this site are legends and do the right thing.

I'm glad you still caught a few fish. I know its not up to your usual cricket scores but still a solid effort compared to us mere mortals :)

And Rayke some beautiful shots as always. Well done and thanks for a cracking report. I'd love to have taken you up on that decky spot. 

Archived