Haswing Cayman B Gps Trolling Motors - Special Offer

gregsav1

Our company was appointed the exclusive Australian distributor of Haswing electric trolling motors and fishing kayaks. We're re-introducing Haswing to the market and offering the Cayman B GPS 12V 55lb thrust bow mount model for just $1,199. There are only 200 units available at this price after which time they will increase to normal price $1,699. Complete with wireless remote or use your mobile phone or IOS device to run the Helmsman APP for control of spot lock, job, track and retrace, etc. Wireless foot pedal is optional at $139. Now with a 30-months warranty against manufacturer's defects. www.haswing.com.au Email: gregsaville@infinitiboats.com or call 0424-850-295. 

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Hi, thanks for your comment. So did Suzuki pull out of Australia until the distributorship was picked up by another company. Now look at the success. Our intentions are the same and this is not the only product in our line up of marine products. If you have an issue with a Haswing motor that you purchased previously, feel free to contact me. 

• 10 months later...

I'm getting a little desperate for help.  I bought a Haswing Protruar 2.0 transom mount last year.  Been very happy with it, powers my 18 ft pontoon boat faster than anything else on our lake.  But reaching over the back seat to use the tiller gets old fast.  So, I've linked it up to the boat's steering cable so I can use the steering wheel.  I've run aground trying to bypass the tiller speed and polarity control.  I've removed the tiller and white control casing.  Three wires come up the shaft from the motor: red and black lines for battery power and a third cable carrying within four small guage wires (red, black, white and yellow).  As far as I know, these four wires somehow connect to the small circuit board with the battery level LEDs and to the beeper.

By the way, I've wired in a Minn Kota speed controller with a hand control.  This is between the two batteries and the red/black power leads to the motor.

I really need some help on this.  I've attached a diagram of what I'm looking at - don't know how to connect these wires.  Can someone please share with me:

1. What is the four-wire line coming up from the motor for? Where should it go?

2. How should I connect up the various wires in the attachment?  Won't the Minn Kota controller substitute for the tiller, and shouldn't I be able to discard the tiller with the three wires coming out if it?  I thought using the Minn Kota as a speed and polarity POT would simply control the motor via the red/black battery lines.  Yet, I can't dope out how the tiller was able to fill this role before.

Any advice most appreciated!

protruar wiring.pdf

4 hours ago, oharamj said:

I'm getting a little desperate for help.  I bought a Haswing Protruar 2.0 transom mount last year.  Been very happy with it, powers my 18 ft pontoon boat faster than anything else on our lake.  But reaching over the back seat to use the tiller gets old fast.  So, I've linked it up to the boat's steering cable so I can use the steering wheel.  I've run aground trying to bypass the tiller speed and polarity control.  I've removed the tiller and white control casing.  Three wires come up the shaft from the motor: red and black lines for battery power and a third cable carrying within four small guage wires (red, black, white and yellow).  As far as I know, these four wires somehow connect to the small circuit board with the battery level LEDs and to the beeper.

By the way, I've wired in a Minn Kota speed controller with a hand control.  This is between the two batteries and the red/black power leads to the motor.

I really need some help on this.  I've attached a diagram of what I'm looking at - don't know how to connect these wires.  Can someone please share with me:

1. What is the four-wire line coming up from the motor for? Where should it go?

2. How should I connect up the various wires in the attachment?  Won't the Minn Kota controller substitute for the tiller, and shouldn't I be able to discard the tiller with the three wires coming out if it?  I thought using the Minn Kota as a speed and polarity POT would simply control the motor via the red/black battery lines.  Yet, I can't dope out how the tiller was able to fill this role before.

Any advice most appreciated!

protruar wiring.pdf

I have no idea but wanted to bump this post. Good luck with it. 

think you are pushing poo uphill trying to use kota speed control the haswing is the latest phase shift technology  motor whilst the kota is conventional. Only way you could to get it to work is to remove the tiller assembly from the head of the haswing and extend the wiring.

Have you tried contacting Greg he is very helpful and obliging. They also now have authorised service agent in brisbane.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks.  But I've already removed the tiller and white controller case.  I'm down to the three cables coming up out of the vertical motor shaft.  There's no issue with extending the red and battery leads.  But there's a third cable coming up from the motor which I don't grasp the purpose of and don't know what to do with.  The cable contains four very thin guage wires: red, black, white, and yellow. What are they for?

Something I forgot to mention.  I have 24 to 25 V continuity from the two batteries, thru and out of the Minn Kota speed controller, all the way to the large gauge red & black lines  going down to the motor.  Now the four-wire line that comes up from the motor (along with the red & black battery lines):  I put a voltage tester on the small gauge red and black wires inside that line and measure about 4 to 5 V.  returning from the motor.  Motor does not run.  Is there some controller down in the motor that keeps the motor from running unless these small wires connect to something?  FWIW, I attached the small red & black to that little LED control board and the first LED lights up red.

As i said the minnkota motor is a different technology to the haswing  what you are attempting to do is attempting to put a speed control for an brushed armature motor on a brushless motor, Sounds like you do not have a circuit for the motor so Do NOT play around with the 4 wires that go to the motor you could blow the guts out of the circuit boards inside the motor.

Oh my.  Well, let's say I take the Minn Kota controller out of the equation.  The goal is to get a POT on the boat's console to control speed and polarity.  Given that the tiller and control case have been removed, how would you recommend I set this up?  What kind of controller do I need and where does it need to be positioned in the overall circuit?  Thanks.

Look, coming out of the tiller is a four wire connector (two red, one white, one yellow). Would it be a risky assumption that these four connect up to the four thin gauge coming up from the motor?  Are the beeper, and small led circuit board essential to operation?  Or can they be bypassed by connecting the tiller directly to the motor leads?

BTW, you mentioned including Greg in the conversation - how can I do that?

Re the options:

1. "Restore it to the way it was."

No can do without a wiring diagram or at least a photo of the guys inside the white control case, which was the ask in my original post..  The problem is my own doing ... I did not think it necessary to diagram out the old wiring as I dismantled things.

2. "Extend the wiring". 

See answer to #1 above.  Does anyone got a diagram?  Please?

3. "Buy a 95lb remote control watersnake and mount it backwards and sell the haswing."

Interesting idea, except for the problem with selling the Haswing.  See #1 above.  Nevertheless, I'll price out the Watersnake option, if for no other reason than to understand what kind of beating I may be in for.

*** Can no one share a diagram???

Let me ask this out of sheer desperation.  There are four wires (actually three because two are red, forked off one red) coming out of the tiller and four wires coming up from the motor (not counting the two battery lines).  The problem is the color sets are different. 

Tiller:  two red, one black, one yellow)

Motor: one each red, black grey green

Assuming the LED PCB and the buzzer are dropped, can the tiller be wired directly to the motor leads?

Ok, some progress but some questions remain.  Today I connected three of the four very thin lines from the tiller to the  corresponding wire bundle coming up the motor shaft.  Red to red, black to black, white to white.  Left unattached are yellow from tiller and green from motor.  

The motor worked.

I am guessing these thin wires are around 24 gauge (?).  In any case, I've been unable to purchase more wire to extend.  Thinking about stripping out some from Cat 5.  

Anyone know purpose of the yellow and green leads?  Am I on the right track?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived