New Tow Rig

Doyley

I had been thinking about trading in my Bt50 after it had run out of warranty a few months ago but no other dual cabs were really jumping out at me.  The Mazda was an awesome ute and had taken me everywhere on and offroad that i wanted to go. 

IMG_1909.thumb.jpg.43f14748d60d51fcaa66e6b34363c2ca.jpg

I was worried I would buy something not a good as what i had and be kicking myself.  So the search was on and after looking at every dual cab out there i ended up buying a Colorado while Holden were offering the 7 year factory warranty.  The new model is a huge improvement over their previous model and has been getting very good reviews.  So far Im happy with it and not really missing anything from the Mazda.

The build process has begun and hopefully ill pick up a good deal on a lift kit and bullbar at the redcliffe 4x4, camping and boat show next month.  I want to get it all decked out before a mid year trip to fraser.

IMG_3518.thumb.JPG.21ad42055497f81acf64d0b3941fae20.JPG

You did well to have no issues with the BT50, mate has one and has had a multitude of issues from new, gearbox failed, injectors leaking, cracked head from injector replacement, followed by overheating after head replacement, interior heater radiator failure spraying interior with radiator liquid, requiring entire dash to be removed for replacement.

15 hours ago, Binder said:

You did well to have no issues with the BT50, mate has one and has had a multitude of issues from new, gearbox failed, injectors leaking, cracked head from injector replacement, followed by overheating after head replacement, interior heater radiator failure spraying interior with radiator liquid, requiring entire dash to be removed for replacement.

Unfortunately no matter what the make, someone is always going to get a lemon.  I did 90000km with only two little things covered by warranty.  I have heard of a couple of people having larger issues up around the 180000km mark. Now that it was out of warranty I would rather put money into a new Ute than fixing any problems which could arise with the previous one.

i was really impressed with the mazda and it absolutely loved the beach, it would chew up anything I threw at it. Hopefully the Colorado with 500nm of torque with be even better.

7 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Hmm, I have a Pajero, going to need to learn all this before I start doing some beach driving.

Nice looking rig @Doyley.

Thanks @kmcrosby78.  Nothing better than driving along a beach!! It’s all about tyre pressures and having the right recovery gear to get yourself out. Then u don’t have to rely on other people and their worn out gear.  Check out the “I got bogged at Inskip” Facebook page.  That will teach u everything not to do!!   Maybe a AFO overnighter or day trip up the beach is in order???

Archived