Fourby And Fishing Get Together Cancelled

ellicat

Nice work @ellicat and thanks for organising!  I’ll unfortunately have to be a maybe at this stage. I have a fishing comp on the Sunday and am heading to the Redcliffe 4x4 show at some stage that weekend to hopefully get a deal on a lift kit and bullbar.  

Just remember that u can only get a weekly permit for Bribie. So if u r only going for the day u r up for roughy $47.  Compared to North Shore $13 permit + $7 ferry each way + driving time to get there..

hopefully I can work something out and make it for the day.  

8 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Oh good. you can help me up the beach as I always make sure mine are 80lb...:frantics:

Geez... you wouldn’t want to hit a speed bump hard at that! 

My ideology stems from a guy at moreton in a brand new Range Rover who wouldn’t let his tyres down at all coz he had nitrogen in them. And the apparent expectation that I would tow him up the track out of my way to the resort. I towed him out of my way and then left him to work it out. I don’t know what his problem was really. I was running a ~78% nitrogen blend in mine at the time, no issues.:D

22 hours ago, benno573 said:

Sounds like a dud root @Drop Bear... hope it gets sorted for you.

I’m a maybe at this stage, depending on final dates.  Will likely take my own truck, potential for passengers if required. @Sparksie or @Old Scaley can have first dibs if interested.

I am fully equipped and capable of recovering pootrols, however, refuse to help anyone up the beach with 40lb in their tyres... :devil: :devil:

Thanks for the offer @benno573. As soon as dates are locked in I will see if I can make it. 

19 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I'll supply a two-burner stove and gas, 50litres of fresh water, some firewood, a couple of lanterns, some other things I can't yet think of.

Beer and rum ......... ? :whistle::devil:    I'll have a think and let you know Brian - nursing a nerve/muscle issue in my shoulder ATM so see how I get through work this week.

Executive decision 2

Cancelling the trip on 9/2/18 -11/2/18 as there is only 1semi-confirmed attendee.

Opening the floor for an alternate time and place. I think there needs to be a minimum of 6 to be anywhere near worthwhile.

If you have any interest at all please let me know by posting proposed/preferred dates and proposed/preferred place.

Maybe even just a 1 day meet & greet would be good ?

10 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Executive decision 2

Cancelling the trip on 9/2/18 -11/2/18 as there is only 1semi-confirmed attendee.

Opening the floor for an alternate time and place. I think there needs to be a minimum of 6 to be anywhere near worthwhile.

If you have any interest at all please let me know by posting proposed/preferred dates and proposed/preferred place.

Maybe even just a 1 day meet & greet would be good ?

Good try. It was surprising that so many people (including me) couldn't make it. Perhaps a few months out? 

Thanks for the effort in trying to get a date to work Brian, much appreciated. I'll take a closer look at our (rapidly disappearing) free weekends this weekend and report back.

Your other idea about a one day meet & greet would also be great, and might be easier for many to attend (I still think we will probably make a whole weekend work, we'll just need to all chip in dates and find a best fit). I haven't been on the beach at Bribie but given it's location, I'd imagine it would probably be a good fit for a one day meet & greet. We could cook some snags, have a beers, fish for whiting/dart and depending on who was coming and their level of experience at beach driving, a couple of 'experts' could maybe run through the basics of getting out of bogs, etc.

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Your other idea about a one day meet & greet would also be great, and might be easier for many to attend (I still think we will probably make a whole weekend work, we'll just need to all chip in dates and find a best fit). I haven't been on the beach at Bribie but given it's location, I'd imagine it would probably be a good fit for a one day meet & greet. We could cook some snags, have a beers, fish for whiting/dart and depending on who was coming and their level of experience at beach driving, a couple of 'experts' could maybe run through the basics of getting out of bogs, etc.

Yep that sounds like a great plan. I think the 2 night socials are fantastic but would be intimidating for people that are new to the site. A Bribie beach trip and BBQ would be fun as.

I'm still keen for the other one though :)