Small Boat Offshore Charters Around Brissy Or The Gc

hattori hanzo

Hi all,

I haven't been on a charter in SEQ for awhile and am looking for a small boat charter that leaves from Brisbane or the GC that caters for groups no larger then 4-8 people. I know of Outlaw from Manly and heard great things about John and his boat. But I'd like to hear of any other outfits that people would recommend.

Deep drop is looking like something i might like to try but I'm flexible on the types of fishing on offer, I'd just rather a smaller boat that I can hire the whole vessel and only have 2-4 lines in the water.

Thanks in advance

Cam

9 hours ago, hattori hanzo said:

Hi all,

I haven't been on a charter in SEQ for awhile and am looking for a small boat charter that leaves from Brisbane or the GC that caters for groups no larger then 4-8 people. I know of Outlaw from Manly and heard great things about John and his boat. But I'd like to hear of any other outfits that people would recommend.

Deep drop is looking like something i might like to try but I'm flexible on the types of fishing on offer, I'd just rather a smaller boat that I can hire the whole vessel and only have 2-4 lines in the water.

Thanks in advance

Cam

sounds perfect.

@tugger could be your new business! 

I just went on a charter with John from Outlaw Charters a few weeks back mate and he is a top skipper - put us onto our bag limit of AJ's and Samsonfish despite the fast current. He just had a double knee replacement so will be out of action for probably 6-8 weeks from now. The other one that I'd look into, just based on his articles in Bush n Beach mag, is Bill Coreton. Not sure how deep he normally goes but I reckon he'd do a great day out also.

I heard of one from out of The Tweed that is meant to be awesome and just what you are after. I just need to find name!

Failing that I know it is more of a drive but each and every trip I have ever done with Andrew Chorley in Hervey Bay has been memorable.

I personally have only ever done the big group charter thing, so can't recommend any smaller outfits personally. However I'd like to try them all out at some stage if I can, so generally keep my ear out on what's around. Outlaw is the talk of the town at the moment, and Bill Corten has been high quality for years.

The other two that I hear rave reviews about are:

Moreton Bay Charters and Smithy's.

Either should suit the sort of charter you're after.

On 05/02/2018 at 5:55 AM, Drop Bear said:

With 4m swell on the Wave marker it must have been a very quiet weekend offshore. 

On 04/02/2018 at 8:37 AM, Angus said:

I heard of one from out of The Tweed that is meant to be awesome and just what you are after. I just need to find name!

Failing that I know it is more of a drive but each and every trip I have ever done with Andrew Chorley in Hervey Bay has been memorable.

Yep, Thats what I'm after, similar style of outfits to whats up at hevey bay. But just running out of the goldcoast or brisbane. My last few charters out of exmouth and Hervey bay have  been this style and ive had an absolute ball.

Archived