Relief From My Rod

Dinodadog

Conquered2 problems this morning, on my exercise walk, with new rod in hand. With the problem of getting older, and at the moment unable to get my sore leg wet, I bit the bullet and purchased a samiki zing 9foot 4 to 7 lb rod to see if it was easier to cast from the bank. I put on a 2500 twin power shimano reel to cover the amount of line used when casting 1/2 oz blades. I thought I would try it out at lake K before using it at NPD.I

It worked well on 1/4 oz blades, I had to be careful I didnt hit the shallow water on the other side of the lake:lol: This fixed problem one, but created another problem, with upsizeing from 1000 reel to 2500 reel I had to really slow down my retrieve, as soon as I did I managed a couple of bass.A bell went off in the head then, I have been watching a few videos while laid up, and all the so called pros kept saying slow the retrieve right down and I realized they were all using 2500 and 3000 reels, where as I usually use 1000 reels.

Like Ray I left the camera at home and now have to wait for wifey to get home from cards to show me how to get pics off i phone.

Dino

IMG_0019.JPG

Screenshot (1).png

10 minutes ago, Dinodadog said:

A bell went off in the head then, I have been watching a few videos while laid up, and all the so called pros kept saying slow the retrieve right down and I realized they were all using 2500 and 3000 reels, where as I usually use 1000 reels.

great info thanks. I hope you are healing up mate. 

I learnt years a go that when using a 7' rod and casting spinnerbaits, difference from 1/4oz to 3/8 oz was about 10'. 3/8 to 1/2 oz about the same, 1/2 oz to 3/4 oz about the same, so distance gained from 1/4oz to 3/4 oz is very little. Sometimes though its that little bit that counts or so they say.

Archived