Chasing The Cockies.

rayke1938

Went to NPD this morning and arrived a little later than normal. While we wait for opening time i normally remove the safetynet,plugin the rear leccy,screw in the bung,turn on the sounders then plug in the bow mount motor so all we have to do when re launch is remove the tie down strap.

Because this did not happen the bung got overlooked.

We launched and Rick held the boat while I parked the trailer and when I walked back to the boat thought gee the boat is sitting a bit low in the water. I hopped in and pushed off and the extra weight brought the Water up to the floorboards and plenty of cockroaches flushed out of the bilge.
Turned on both bilge pumps and grabbed the bung and reached over the stern and screwed it in and off we went to do our traps..
When we launched there was no sign of rain and we both left our wet weather gear in the carbut by the time we ngot half way down the dam we could see a heavy shower and thought "O Bother " or something like that.
We found some fish on the sounder and set up a couple of umbrellas to keep us dry.
Fortunatly th drizle soon cleared and the fish kept us busy thii around 10am when they went off the chew.
So another move and we found another school finishing off the day with 45 bass,one very pale tandan and 20 odd forkies.

When we got back to the ramp there was a SEQ water mowing contractor parked on the ramp eating his lunch. He must have no sense of smell or taste the smell of all the pelican poo is enough to make you chuck.
Cheers
Ray

npd7.2.18 001 (640x480).jpg

npd7.2.18 002 (640x480).jpg

npd7.2.18 003 (640x480).jpg

npd7.2.18 004 (640x480).jpg

npd7.2.18 005 (640x480).jpg

npd7.2.18 005 (640x480).jpg

npd7.2.18 007 (640x480).jpg

Archived