North Pine Dam

Luc53

Must have got a good drop from the storm last night.

I am going tomorrow so hope the fresh has not reached the bottom of our area yet otherwise it may be forky heaven.

This last lot will really bring on the redclaw now.

Still plenty of permits available but applications will be closing soon. I cannot remember the date but maybe Luc will update.

Cheers

Ray

3 hours ago, rayke1938 said:

Now at 80.2 % has risen a metre in the last week. Can go a bit ore as long as it does not spill would be terrible if it spills close to the spawning season with all the 30cm fish now prevalent.

Cheers

Ray

Capturenpdh.JPG

What percentage doe sit start to spill? or is it dependent on the amount of water in being dumped on the catchments

Might sneak to 81% but not much more unless we get some more 50 mls + in the catchment area.

As NPD is a gated dam, it depends on when Seqwater thinks releasing water is needed.

Hopefully that won't happen unless the dam gets quite full and more heavy rain is expected.

Would be great to see it at 90% or more before winter.

85.1% at midday and still rising. Bit dubious about a couple of my pots so might have to brave the rain and wind by myself in the morning. Reckon one of the floats on the sunken tree may also be under so if i go i will extend the rope.

Be a bugger splicing wet rope in the rain.

Cheers

Ray

Just got text message warning of possible flood releases from NPD in coming 24hrs. dam is still rising. Hope they do not open gates but crack the cone valve which releases water from lower levels.  It is a bit of a 2 edged sword releasing the colder stagnant water from the lower level as it is not good for downstream fish but stops the lungies and stocked fish from going over the wall.

Be really sad to see all the recently stocked bass and yellas go over after the last couple of years successful stocking.

Cheers

Ray

There is a good chance that they are looking at the possible formation of that cyclone up North and the high chance of a East Coast Tropical Low moving down the coast.

This would cause great concern for the management team at the moment with the catchment fully waterlogged and the lake still rising.

4 hours ago, Binder said:

dont forget the "new 100%" is only 80% of the actual dam capacity. They should allow it to go to "100%".

I think you'll find that this is no longer the case.

Dam was at 86.3% at of 6 am this morning.

On 2/27/2018 at 11:46 AM, rayke1938 said:

This last lot will really bring on the redclaw now.

The redclaw move up onto the flooded banks to eat the the vegetation that has gone under right? How long do you usually after the rains to go target them?

the redclaw are already on. The little ones are a pain in the butt in the shrimp traps.5a9f6b7981ba3_npd.7.3.18012(640x480).jpg.7a2ac4a6d22db91898c0f4d44763f04f.jpg

I had to move the mooring blocks on the ramp again this morning and the pelicans are still there.

Surprisingly the water is still reasonably clean I thought it would be chocolate brown by now.

Cheers

Ray

I think the water from the NP River is relatively clean compared to that coming from Kobble creek.

After the last big flood, a couple of banks from the NPR have been reinforced with rocks to stop further erosion and this may have helped.

I wonder if the duck weed barrier is still in place?

Level is 87% at 2.45 pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived