From Morayfield

Mark Aboud

Mark from a Morayfield. Fish both offshore (Stealth Profisha) and freshwater (a couple of plastic yaks). Also have an Aquamaster 420. Keen to do more ‘local’ river fishing so any members who are willing to share their knowledge on rivers etc in the caboolture/Morayfield area would will welcomed appreciated.

Elimbah creek, launch from Way St boatramp

Ningi creek, launch from the Moffat St esplanade boat ramp

Caboolture river weir, launch spot behind the tennis courts

burpengary creek, launch from the boatramp in O'Leary Avenue, go downstream.

South Pine River launch from Bob Bell Park on Learmonth street and go upstream

North Pine River launch from Petrie Park

there will be old stories of mine fishing most of these areas by kayak on here.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:41 AM, Mark Aboud said:

Mark from a Morayfield. Fish both offshore (Stealth Profisha) and freshwater (a couple of plastic yaks). Also have an Aquamaster 420. Keen to do more ‘local’ river fishing so any members who are willing to share their knowledge on rivers etc in the caboolture/Morayfield area would will welcomed appreciated.

Welcome to AFO Mark. Perhaps go for a fish in the area and do up a report for us? I'd love to see that area as I have never fished it.

Specific questions about areas or techniques will help the experienced anglers on here help too.

Good luck and good fishing :)

• 2 months later...

I'm from Morayfield too mate, if you ever want to catch up for a fish I'm keen if I'm not working ( or the missus hasn't put me to work renovating)

Burpengary creek has some good spots of you can head up there with a sounder, I wouldn't be able to describe them without seeing them (it's been a long while)

If you take a boat down there just be aware it get damn shallow in some spots

Good to hear from you. I usually keep my boat fishing (Aquamaster 420) to the bay etc. Around here I use my plastic fantastic yak.....good for the shallow water......I have a Stealth glass yak but leave that for offshore use.

The next 3 w/e are out (going barra hunting on one of them up at Lake Moduran), how about  close to the end of the month or early July ?.....you got a yak or just the boat ? Reckon there will be some good bream, Jewies around.

Anyway cheers for the contact mate. Look forward to meeting up.

Mark

6 hours ago, Mark Aboud said:

Good to hear from you. I usually keep my boat fishing (Aquamaster 420) to the bay etc. Around here I use my plastic fantastic yak.....good for the shallow water......I have a Stealth glass yak but leave that for offshore use.

The next 3 w/e are out (going barra hunting on one of them up at Lake Moduran), how about  close to the end of the month or early July ?.....you got a yak or just the boat ? Reckon there will be some good bream, Jewies around.

Anyway cheers for the contact mate. Look forward to meeting up.

Mark

Just the boat man. I wouldn't mind a kayak but would need a big one haha.

Archived