Nrl 2018 Predictions

kmcrosby78

Thought it would be fun to put our predictions for the season on paper so we can reflect/laugh at the end of the season. So ....... given I've left it pretty late, let's all watch tomorrow nights game and the Footy Show (for those that bother ....) and have our predictions up here for public scrutiny BEFORE THE FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES KICK OFF.

1. Name your top 8

2. Premiers

3. Wooden Spoon

***I'd also put Origin winner, but with one win from 12 series, unless NSW finally decide to pick a men's team, there's not much point ....... :devil:

20 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Geez Ty, I'm looking forward to seeing the Rabbits trailblazing finals run ....... :) Could happen - just ask the Dogs.

Being a Souths fan, you gotta have hope. New coach, Inglis is back, most of the team from 2014 are still there, why not? Plus a battle between the two foundation clubs has to be scripted somewhere into the NRL future doesn't it? ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just had a quick squiz back at our selections - myself, @ellicat, @natang, @Old Scaley and @Gad all picked 5 of the top 8 correctly, with @Tybo getting 4. @Tybodid predict a Souths v Roosters grand final so that may very well come off yet, unlike my tip for the premiership, the Cowboys ........ And the Eels made a couple of us look a bit silly ........ 🙂 

Going to be a cracking finals series!!

On 05/09/2018 at 9:03 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Just had a quick squiz back at our selections - myself, @ellicat, @natang, @Old Scaley and @Gad all picked 5 of the top 8 correctly, with @Tybo getting 4. @Tybodid predict a Souths v Roosters grand final so that may very well come off yet, unlike my tip for the premiership, the Cowboys ........ And the Eels made a couple of us look a bit silly ........ 🙂 

Nice work. So do we have a winner? How would you work this out? I found a nice Ibis head in the park that we could use for a trophy? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/09/2018 at 9:03 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

@Tybodid predict a Souths v Roosters grand final so that may very well come off yet, unlike my tip for the premiership, the Cowboys ........ And the Eels made a couple of us look a bit silly ........ 🙂 

The way the cards fell meant it was never going to be this year, but close enough. Last night was like my grand final, without the result I was hoping for. Despite my intense hatred of eastern suburbs, I don't find anything to whinge about last night, the chooks were just too good, relentless defence and without their star and kicker, points should've been a lot higher. So close for us, but just not good enough. Oh well, until next year!

Looking back at my tips, my 1 and 2 are Storm and Roosters, I guess I had some idea of which way the wind was blowing. Hard to say who will next weekend, both quality sides, my support will be behind the team in purple.

19 hours ago, Tybo said:

The way the cards fell meant it was never going to be this year, but close enough. Last night was like my grand final, without the result I was hoping for. Despite my intense hatred of eastern suburbs, I don't find anything to whinge about last night, the chooks were just too good, relentless defence and without their star and kicker, points should've been a lot higher. So close for us, but just not good enough. Oh well, until next year!

Looking back at my tips, my 1 and 2 are Storm and Roosters, I guess I had some idea of which way the wind was blowing. Hard to say who will next weekend, both quality sides, my support will be behind the team in purple.

Yes purple for me too. You sure did beat me on the tipping comp. 🙂

Melbourne for me to. I't be very unfortunate if Billy and Cronk don't play. But rules are rules and there will be loads of controversy if they allow Billy to play. Well there already has been all weekend. I personally think he should be allowed to play as his right arm came round the front of the tackle so therefore he is using an arm in the tackle not just a shoulder charge.....

20 hours ago, natang said:

Melbourne for me to. I't be very unfortunate if Billy and Cronk don't play. But rules are rules and there will be loads of controversy if they allow Billy to play. Well there already has been all weekend. I personally think he should be allowed to play as his right arm came round the front of the tackle so therefore he is using an arm in the tackle not just a shoulder charge.....

Yes that is what I saw too. I would have to say I was really looking for a reason why he could play rather than a shoulder charge but he had his hand on him. I hope that is a tackle. It sure isn't the brace hard and only use one shoulder type thing more he bumped into him type thing.... Or perhaps my one eyed QLDRRRR is coming out 🙂

4 hours ago, christophagus said:

Melbourne and QLD are pretty much cousins. When State of origin rolls around, Victorians support us Maroons. We both share a mutual hate for Mexicans..i mean NSW folk

up the storm!

Even Canberra hate the NSW! Most of their team are Islanders and a couple of interstates players. Melbourne are mostly made up of QLDERS and a few home grown islanders. C'mon QLDER! I mean Storm. 

Archived