New Reel Advice

demarc

Hey!

Looking for thoughts on a reel for reefs up to 30mtrs. Mainly for Trout, RTEs and the likes. I do bottom bashing and the odd plastic or slug.

So far choice is either a Stradic FK 4000 series or Stradic Ci4+ 4000. BCF currently have the Ci on sale for $369.

Cheers!

Stradic Ci4+ is reaaaallly nice. The FK is slightly heavier but have a "stronger" main pin resulting in less torsion of reel components so they may be more durable under load. IMO the Ci4+ is superior in terms of drag capabilities and gear speed (?) but I can't speak for the FK. Bottom bashing in townsville in 30m I literally felt the Ci4+ twist a little. Regardless of which one you opt for, Anaconda will beat BCF's price by 10% ;) and you'll definitely want to change the standard handle because they aren't fantastic to hold on to especially with something heavy on the end    

1 hour ago, timtam_ said:

Stradic Ci4+ is reaaaallly nice. The FK is slightly heavier but have a "stronger" main pin resulting in less torsion of reel components so they may be more durable under load. IMO the Ci4+ is superior in terms of drag capabilities and gear speed (?) but I can't speak for the FK. Bottom bashing in townsville in 30m I literally felt the Ci4+ twist a little. Regardless of which one you opt for, Anaconda will beat BCF's price by 10% ;) and you'll definitely want to change the standard handle because they aren't fantastic to hold on to especially with something heavy on the end    

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your feedback, makes the choice easier.

Keen to hear the Diawa alternatives. Price is also a factor with the way my gear can get treated.

17 minutes ago, GregN70 said:

Warranty doesn't mean much.

Hyundai cars have 5yr warranty, BMW have 3yrs. Does that mean the Hyundai are the better cars?

Hey Greg,

Not to be rude, but if your first post had more substance,  like recommendations for the size of reel I'm looking at, it would of been more positively accepted. As it is you really shouldn't have replied as they are of no help to me, the op.

Archived