Downscan Down

Old Scaley

Hi wise guys, I have a Raymarine Dragonfly sounder and GPS combo. It is a few years old now and around Christmas time it lost the downscan capability. Sonar and GPS are working fine. Can’t see any damage to the transducer and I have double checked the connections. A few weeks ago I did a factory reset. All that accomplished was blowing away my waypoints (no great loss - not too many honey holes or secret spots among that lot) and changing all the settings back to imperial. 

Anyone had this before or have any idea whether it is software or hardware related? if it is hardware, is it more likely to be the transducer or the head unit?  It is no biggie as I can still donut without it, but just looking for ideas so I have something else to play with in between fish.  Cheers, Steve.

30 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

Find someone with one in their boat Steve and try your head unit on their transducer and see what happens.

I do have a mate at Scarborough with one in his boat if you get stuck to test it out.

Would it have to be the exact same model Lance? I've got one without GPS in my tinnie.

Cool - I'll see how my weekends line up Steve. We are meant to be doing some survey work (with goPros) on the bay next weekend but my weekend is pretty booked up so not sure I'll make it, and I'm getting organised to sell the tinny. But we should be able to organise to at least give it a quick try to see if it works or not.

Thanks @kmcrosby78. Here is a photo of the plug on the head unit. If yours has 10 pins as well I think there is a fair chance it will fit.  No pressure, mate, only if and when you are free. If we are tight for time we could just drop your tinny in at a ramp close to you, give it a quick test and pull it out again.

47086DBD-3572-47E7-B165-03D7033B5B36.jpeg

Archived