Size Of Rim

Garfield28

Thanks for the reply Doyley.

OK, so the 195R14C that is stamped onto the tyre means 195 width and 14 is the inches of the rim I gather, so what does the C stand for mate? 

Also mate, its a 5 stud hole pattern, are all 5 stud patterns the same or different? Sorry for the stupid questions but I know nothing about wheels and rims, but want to buy some for my boat trailer as the rims I have are rusting away and look terrible. 

Thanks

Geoff 

I think ‘c’ is the load rating. Stud spacing can be different, google wheel PCD to understand that better.  

Boat dealerships usually sell new multi stud rims for around for around $80.  I would put light truck tyre on it.  

10 hours ago, Garfield28 said:

Thanks for the reply Doyley.

OK, so the 195R14C that is stamped onto the tyre means 195 width and 14 is the inches of the rim I gather, so what does the C stand for mate? 

Also mate, its a 5 stud hole pattern, are all 5 stud patterns the same or different? Sorry for the stupid questions but I know nothing about wheels and rims, but want to buy some for my boat trailer as the rims I have are rusting away and look terrible. 

Thanks

Geoff 

I'm in the same boat mate. I don't know much about it. Good on ya @Doyley. you should be answer of the day competition winner!

Anyone ever bought any off ebay and can tell me if these are OK please. 

I am in desperate need of some rims mine are rusted quite badly so was thinking of getting these Gal ones or maybe the painted white rims. 

Thanks 

Geoff 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/14-x-6-195-LT-Sunraysia-HQ-Wheel-Rim-Tyre-Galvanised-Trailer-Caravan-Boat/171881875008?epid=20001203497&hash=item2804f54640:g:jJEAAOSwceNZW3yi

Before you buy any rims online or even second hand you will need to work out what type of hubs you have. Those rims in the eBay ad are for the Holden hubs and you might need Ford wheels. Depending on how old your trailer is, the type of hub and the correct type size might be stamped on the compliance plate. You will need to know what sort of hubs you have when you go to change your bearings.  Any tyre place should be able to help you with advice and might even have some second hand wheels. 

Sounds like you don’t have a lot of experience and it is too important and expensive to get it wrong. Advice from the internet is really useful but without actually seeing your trailer no one on this site or any other site can be sure that they are giving you all the information you need. So maybe get some info from us amateurs and then check it with a professional before you act. Advice is free at most places. Good luck and keep us posted on progress.

Thanks for the reply mate. 

I've messaged the guy on Ebay a couple of times last night and he got me to measure the distance between the studs center to center and I told him I measured 70mm, which he said would be those rims.

Just wondering if the quality seems OK or if someone has already had these wheels who could shed some light before I buy them.

Thanks

Geoff 

48 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

I think you should read his feedback mate.

32 neg in 6 months, sounds suss.

Even the price sound too cheep.!!!!

Old Scaley was on the money, take to your local tyre shop and get their advise.

Cheers

Gary

Yeah read a few Angry, but think that was more with other items and things turning up late rather than saying the wheels are of poor quality. 

I was about to buy the rims today, and thought I'd be sure on the measurement before I did. 

I think I was off the mark with the measurement of 70mm the other day, I'm pretty certain it would be more like 67-68mm would that sound right and match something? 

Thanks 

Geoff 

Archived