Boat Insurance

natang

Hey guys my boat insurance is like nearly $400 through NRMA who I have three cars with and boat trailer as well. I think it is a bit expensive but most people I ring is a similar price. I have heard of a company that lets you pay cheaper for the months not in use then higher for when in use but can't remember the name. Has anyone had better offers???? I have been with NRMA for like 10 years with house with ex wife and numerous vehicles so have loyalty rewards or not so rewarding loyalty prices. My boat is a 1997 Haines Hunter 470SF hull with a 2 stroke 90hp on back... always garaged or chained to the container where it is stored. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 28/05/2018 at 5:11 AM, Drop Bear said:

It is pretty clear that it is worth changing insurance companies, electrical supply companies, banks etc, as often as you can. They put up a good rate to get you in then increase it over time. 

Agree I work in electricity industry and the tactic that is widespread in many industries is to get customer signed up at lower “intro” rate and then after 12 months rate reverts, customer forgets about it and loses the discount. Due to this tactic being currently legal in all industries I recommend that anything u by annually u shop around and never let a policy auto renew.

• 1 month later...
On 26/10/2018 at 12:23 AM, Hweebe said:

Agree I work in electricity industry and the tactic that is widespread in many industries is to get customer signed up at lower “intro” rate and then after 12 months rate reverts, customer forgets about it and loses the discount. Due to this tactic being currently legal in all industries I recommend that anything u by annually u shop around and never let a policy auto renew.

Good call thanks mate.

On 26/10/2018 at 12:23 AM, Hweebe said:

Oh but in saying that I actually renewed my boat insurance today. 

Archived