Horizon Scorpion 525 Review

Poddymullet

On 31/07/2018 at 3:09 PM, demarc said:

Looking at heading to the Cape on Saturday mate if you wanted to tag along and meet at Yellow Patch or something. I'm keen to learn Tempest more, got an 80+ snap there this time last year.

@demarc that sounds like an awesome offer but still not sure of the consumption / fuel tank yet so thinking tempest might be a tad too far just yet. Is yellow patch the inlet at the tip of the Cape? 

11 hours ago, Poddymullet said:

@demarc that sounds like an awesome offer but still not sure of the consumption / fuel tank yet so thinking tempest might be a tad too far just yet. Is yellow patch the inlet at the tip of the Cape? 

It's the near Inner Freeman Channel area, yellow patch (27 1.355S 153 23.242E).

How big is your donk + fuel tank mate?

3 minutes ago, demarc said:

You'll be fine mate! At worst you can do 150kms. I bet it'll be more like 250 - 300kms for 150ltrs.

I know I am being ultra cautious but don't want to get into the position of HELP :-). 

Let me check with my offsider for the morning as were thinking of gentlemen's hours for Saturday, launching around 6am from Scarbs. What time you thinking of meeting up? 

12 minutes ago, Poddymullet said:

I know I am being ultra cautious but don't want to get into the position of HELP :-). 

Let me check with my offsider for the morning as were thinking of gentlemen's hours for Saturday, launching around 6am from Scarbs. What time you thinking of meeting up? 

I'll be at yellow patch by 0430 - 0445. I will be leaving Fishermans Island at 0330. Gotta be offshore as the sun is coming up if you wanna be in with a chance for that morning bite! I'll be on 21 on the VHF all day anywho, just hail demarc.

20 hours ago, demarc said:

I'll be at yellow patch by 0430 - 0445. I will be leaving Fishermans Island at 0330. Gotta be offshore as the sun is coming up if you wanna be in with a chance for that morning bite! I'll be on 21 on the VHF all day anywho, just hail demarc.

Good luck mate. I have heard good reports about xxos Spanish in the last week. 

23 hours ago, demarc said:

mate i got a 140lt tank went from fishermans to the cape out wide a bit back to hutchies then back out to the wreck st paul then back in i used 82ltrs. so you will have heaps coming from scarbs

Archived